33 1/3 Vinyl Record People Notice

I have a Stanton D6800 EEE and a Shure M911D diamond stylus cartridges for manual play LP arms and a Techniques manual turntable with a Stanton mounted in the arm. I don't think anyone in my family will have any interest in them. So if you want any of them contact Glenn when you read in Family Woodworking that I kicked the bucket.

Hopefully that won't be for at least eleven years, however at age 89 it could be tomorrow. I'll save them for you.

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how many people still listen to vinyl records. A friend of my sons, actually went out and purchased his dad (around 50) a turntable and amp at Xmas so that he could play his vinyl record collection. The dad was delighted to say the least. I was rather confused by it wondering who would be wanting to go through the whole process and listen to the crackles and pops etc of vinyl. Next we will hear someone refurbishing 8 track tapes lol.

I just ordered a new needle this morning for the little console I picked up yesterday. I still enjoy a little snap crackle and pop with my music!

As I understand it...vinyl's are being re-surged because of the "Hipsters"

To be fair, Jim Bradley has always been ahead of his time. :) He was hip before it was hip to be hip. But it was obscure...you probably never heard about it. Which, of course, makes it that much more hip.

To be fair, Jim Bradley has always been ahead of his time. :) He was hip before it was hip to be hip. But it was obscure...you probably never heard about it. Which, of course, makes it that much more hip.

I know people who have had hip replacements, just to keep up! Actually, I have a turntable and can still play my 60 or so LPs. It's fun, especially when one hits a snag and I can say to the kids, "You know when your Mum says you sound like a broken record...."

I was worried that I was a hipster. I like both Craft and Domestic Brews. I make my own beer. I wear hats. I have a beard. I wear hoodies all the time. I like playing 'records'

The problem is, I've been doing this for a very long time, and I'm not doing it to be 'Ironic'.

So I guess I'm safe?

Dad was hip so early on that they called it "hip", then changed it to "hep" and then back to "hip" again.

. . . queue Huey Lewis.