another 10 inches of snow and artic temps expected today and tomorrow

man this is all screwed up we would give anything for some of that wet stuff. They are talking about a record high for the week end could reach 90 degrees and for Feb that's hot even for Arizona. The west is in a drought condition. No snow in the mountains.

Last edited:
I ventured out once out of the neighborhood the plows are doing their job. BUT ! you should see all the people who think their front wheel drive can make it in this stuff. was not much of an adventure like the last big snow.
But Jarrod did not make it in and my helper since no buses are running.

My reason for getting out is , I have a renter who is an essential engineer at PEPCO he was their late last night and back in early this morning. Seems he did his job well , so far few with out power.

yeah, but I don't live in Minnesota.

My snowblower worked great this morning, guess it really needed that tuneup. The machine is 18 years old, but starts on one pull.
I didn't even take out the cord for the electric start, I was impressed it kicked over so easily.

when I was just about finished doing my property and my new neighbors property(she comes home with the babies after school, and her husband is working, she wouldn't be able to get into her driveway nor her front door), the machine stalled quick.
sure enough I found my newspaper, it got mashed up into the blades.
didn't break the bolt, but I had to use my flexible hand saw to cut it out as it was jammed tight in the blades and I had nowhere to work on the machine. Good as new.

Hopefully this warm front we're getting will be moving your way Allen. Has been in the 40's the last couple of days, tomorrow will be only 30, but then it's up to the mid to high 50's for about a week, good thing as I've got a 3 day weekend coming. :thumb:

check the surrounding neighborhood to see if there isn't an ambitious kid looking for a little spending money and put them to work.

Ted, the last big snow we had around here that stayed for days, the kids didn't even get out and build a snowman. Shovel snow... not around here. The only people shoveling snow on our street were the adults. It was kind of funny though, because the snow was so dry and light, the neighbor across the street got out his leaf blower and blew the 4-6 snow off his driveway.

Allen, made me cringe until I saw you got your hand saw out. Man those blades are under pressure and when it releases, emergency room for many of the people!!

my snow blower has no tension or pressure . once the machine is shut down, the blades wont move.
nothing to spin the blades around, so it was just a matter of cutting away the piece that was jammed under the blade and housing.

when I was just about finished doing my property and my new neighbors property(she comes home with the babies after school, and her husband is working, she wouldn't be able to get into her driveway nor her front door), the machine stalled quick.
sure enough I found my newspaper, it got mashed up into the blades.
didn't break the bolt, but I had to use my flexible hand saw to cut it out as it was jammed tight in the blades and I had nowhere to work on the machine. Good as new.

Yeppers, BTDT, though usually it's from one of the neighbors drives where I pick-up undesirables...over the years, I've picked up a couple of newspapers, a 100' ext. cord which about 75' found its way to wrap itself beyond hope of saving, had a 9/16th wrench lock 'er up once and snap the shaft key and a few welcome mats, and... :bang::bang: :rofl:

At least the sun's been out for a couple of day's now, hasn't offered much in the way of melting, but we're supposedly due for a slight warmup this weekend & possibly into the 40's next week.
Hope so, getting hard for my little snowblower to throw it over the mounds :doh::)
mini-pix 001.jpg

that's what the problem is here also, nowhere to throw the snow.
Recently, when I drove into the city, the outer boroughs, the streets were so congested with cars just buried under snow from the plows, and if they didn't dig them out right away, it all froze, so now its like a block of solid ice, so everyone has left there cars where they parked them for over a week or two. Im thinking after last night and today, the streets will be close to impassable with all the new slow and plowing.

Another 1-3 for us tonight and tomorrow. Today was the first day I was able to drive car to work. Been driving the truck 27 mpg vs 13 mpg is no fun at all, except at the pump:rofl:

we got close to a foot of snow last night this morning, and then tons of sleet then rain.
now tonight they are calling for an additional 3-7 inches here on long island.
and 2-3 inches of snow Saturday night.

by far, the worst winter we had here in 20 years, between cold temps and snow amounts.

Wow you guys down south of us are sure getting beaten up this year.

By the way folks make sure if you live near a fire hydrant to keep it clear of snow so if needed the boys with the hoses can hook up.
I had to move a bunch of snow from the one on our driveway and it reminded me to post an awareness note in case its past u by given how much we have had this year.In a fire situation minutes can make a difference.

sent from s4

We dodged the bullet today. Most of Mass got 12-18" - we got rain.

Lots of frozen slush from a week or so ago.

It's OK - we can deal with it either way. Hey - it's winter, in New England.

What I really feel bad for is the po-folks in those places where day don't normal git dis stuff

ME - I can deal with 24" or rain - and even some ice ---- I hate the HOT 100 degrees weather.

Well I don't usually mind snow but this daily dose of it is starting to get to me. Al least the neighbor found some one to plow the lane. It's almost an 1/8 of a mile. I only use about a 5th of it but about half of it is beside my property. So the last several snows we have been dividing it about 50/50 with the snow blowers. But I have three mailboxes on my corner and no one else has seemed to think clearing that was part of their job. So I usually clean that out as well. I hguess I didn't do to well troday as I was getting tired the neighbor across the street brought his shovel over after I was done and move a little snow. Then the end of the lane where the township goes by is always a job. As I told them at church Wed. I am getting old, cold and cranky. To tired to even work om the little cnc wiring. I have a sholder that is about to quit me and started medicine for type 2 a coule of weeks ago so maybe that also enters in there along with the snow..........