Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They don't make pianos like they used to!

just south of the LA/MS border off of I-55

They don't make pianos like they used to!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	piano.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	80623

They just don't make them like this anymore. Come to think of it, they never did!

Hu

Gets 50 miles to the tuning, though.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

If it had 4 on the floor or an automatic, maybe I could play it.

Enjoy,
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Found you a pool table, Hu. No need to thank me.

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Found you a pool table, Hu. No need to thank me.

Vaughn,

I had a '65 2+2, wasn't the flat top model though! Dropped a full race 289 in it and that thing would outrun anything except Motorola, a little detail I never forgot.

That sure is a pretty pool table, best of all, could roll it outside on nice days. I want one!

Hu

Hu, I had a pretty stock '67 with the 289 and auto tranny when I was a teen. (Dad bought is as a car for my sister, then I took it over when she went to college.) It was a fun car.

workingwoods.com

Always wanted a sixty-seven mustang, one of the few cars I wanted and never owned. Owned a '63 and '66 vette but always wanted a '61. I did own the big brother of the 67 mustang, a '69 SCJ428 torino GT fastback. The same general shape, tons of torque, no zip. Had a four speed with straight cut gears like a rock crusher muncie and sounded like one. Always felt like I was driving a log truck when I was in that thing. Flipped it far enough one night that when I called my friend with a wrecker to go get it the next morning I just gave a general description of where it was at. He asked if I could be more specific. "Just bring a broom and shovel Clarence, it's all over the place!"

Hu

My sister had a '72 Mach I USA Special. She bought it from some guy who blueprinted the 351 Cleveland and turned it into a beast. She drove it for a few years then sold it to a guy at work when she started to have kids. In less than a month, the new owner missed a turn and hit a tree at about 120 mph...backward. Driver and three friends were killed.

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    My sister had a '72 Mach I USA Special. She bought it from some guy who blueprinted the 351 Cleveland and turned it into a beast. She drove it for a few years then sold it to a guy at work when she started to have kids. In less than a month, the new owner missed a turn and hit a tree at about 120 mph...backward. Driver and three friends were killed.
    I sold a little Datsun pick-up to a kid, he lost his Camaro that night at about 135 in town. His parents went on and picked up the truck although I offered a refund. Another Camaro, fifteen year old boy, adopted by an older couple I believe, the apple of their eyes and joy of their life so they bought him a hot rod Camaro. He lost it at better than a hundred and came across in front of a 3/4 ton Ford truck a friend and someone else I knew were in. Head on, combined speed well over 150. The impact was on the passenger door of the Camaro and damaged it so severely that there was no chance of the driver surviving. The calipers of the 3/4 ton put cookie cutter holes in the 3/4 ton rotors. My friend came close to dying a couple times in the next couple of weeks and was partially crippled for life. I was lucky in a lot of ways in my young and wild days. I never did too much damage to myself and never hurt anyone else in the least.

A chuckle after those sobering thoughts. A friend's wife had a 76 or so Grand Prix. Might be a few years off, I don't really remember at the moment. Those long beasts that you could have fit two V-8's under the hood of nose to tail though. A bunch of Poncho's had soft cam's that year and they would go out around 40,000 miles.

Her's did and I told her we needed to change the cam. She hit the ceiling! We weren't going to change the cam in her car! A friend's husband had changed the cam in her Chevelle she loved and then it was loud and jumped around, acted crazy and she was too embarrassed to drive it. The lady was highly spun and I knew any reasonable explanation was futile. "Well if you don't want to change the cam, the only other thing I can do is change the valve actuating rod."

"OK then, you can do that." Peace and harmony were restored until she saw the hood and half the engine come out of her car!

I changed out the valve actuating rod, put the car back together and no surprise it ran like new since I had just put in lifters and a factory replacement cam from after they fixed the problem. Never did admit to her what a valve actuating rod was!

Hu

Quote Originally Posted by hu lowery View Post
    ...I changed out the valve actuating rod, put the car back together and no surprise it ran like new since I had just put in lifters and a factory replacement cam from after they fixed the problem. Never did admit to her what a valve actuating rod was!...

workingwoods.com