Slow Learner

Twelve days ago a bird began flying up and taking a shot at our dining room window. He/she/it has been attacking the window every day. Now that is what I call a slow learner.

It happened, so pics attached. I'm sorry about one pic where the sun, very visibly, points out that our windows missed their last cleaning.

Oh yes, we named the bird, "Bird Brain." I do not know anything about what kind of bird. All I know is that it is a VERY slow learner.

Enjoy,
JimB

Bird Pkr 1.jpgBird Pkr 2.jpgBird Pkr 3.jpg

That's funny. We had one a couple of springs back that was attacking my wife's rear view mirror about every day for a week or so. He'd fly up and start scratching at the "other" bird over and over every 10 minutes or so.

Some species are very territorial and will literally knock themselves out attacking that strange looking male reflected in the window. We've had it happen so often I thought of adding aspirin to the feeders to help with the headaches:)

What birds see in the glass, especially with tinted windows like ours, is bad enough. Add to that fact that we have a silk ficus tree that's more than 7' tall in the corner of our family room by one of those windows. We've watched birds sit on the deck rail staring at the tree, then try to fly into it!!! We're easily entertained these days!!!

The bird is still at it. It does not matter if I am in the room, the drapes are open or closed, the window beside it is open or closed, etc.

It is persistent...was going at it when I left to go to 9:00 gym---Still at it now at 3:25 pm.

Well, at least, it is probably easier on its head than being a wood pecker.

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
wow, jim Bradley is certainly my hero now, 6 hours or so at the gym?

Allen,

That sounds great. However, only 1 1/2 hours at the gym. The rest of the time up to 3:25 p.m. was doing exciting things like going through the mail (stack 1 3/4" thick today), cleaning the front room, dining room and eating lunch.

The big stack of mail was because of some legal work I had done and because I sold a house. In California that takes forever because of all kinds of documents, forms, etc. Then the shysters all get in the act sending documents that look legal but are not. They are just ways to get you to sign documents that cost you money and get you ensnared with yet more attorneys. So I have to look at everything, including the (sorry, every word I can think of here cannot be used on Family Woodworking) fake stuff---to be sure it is fake stuff. Etc. Etc.

Then I pass it all on to Glenn who hops on my computer, uses the phone, etc. to get the real stuff done.

Anyway, I would rather do the gym stuff.

Enjoy,
JimB