Lynx's kitty

with the background roughed in I started working the detail. that will be behind a small pine. I'm totally not sure about this but I want this kitty to have a good 3D look.
having fun with this one. Focusing on the background now before I get more into detail of the cat.

Sunday was a long sit.

Last edited:
dave i know you have more to do and probally what i see is part of that work, but just in case i will still mentione it, i can see where you have changed the shade of color tohelp define thehead from the body but i think it needs some more definition, also the ears are differnt shapes, one has more boxey look that the other.. there again your the artist i am just a looker:)

Larry sorry do not have a better reference picture to show. But I'm going off of this. I am making considerable changes and will focus on the ear and see what I can do. Their is still some work to do on the edges.

Dave is it just the camera or is there something going on with the left eye? I have compared pictures and in some it looks clear but in the final shot it seems a bit blurred. Probably flash or something dunno. Either way very cool painting. Sorry but i am not a cat lover so will stick with Racoons. :)