Just Finished!

Paul Douglass

Many years ago I purchased the plans for this farm truck from Wood Mag. I have just never gotten around to trying to build it. Than around Christmas I was looking at wood toys on the internet and came across "Toys and Joys" website and saw some models I would like to try to build. I decided that before I order some plans I would dig out the plans for this Farm truck and build it. It is simpler than the Toys and Joys plans. I figured it would give me an idea of what it was like to build models and see it I enjoyed it. Well, it was great fun and I figure I will try my hand at some more advanced ones in the future. Great way to use up scraps also. This one is headed to my Grandson.
IMG_1991.JPGIMG_1996.JPGIMG_1997.JPG

My granddaughters would play with that as well as one of the grandsons (other is only 5 months old!). Paul, how durable is this truck? Preschoolers and less than 3rd grade be able to play rough with it or is it somewhat fragile? Very nice job by the way. Have a couple of those plans tucked away also.

Thank you all for the comments.

My granddaughters would play with that as well as one of the grandsons (other is only 5 months old!). Paul, how durable is this truck? Preschoolers and less than 3rd grade be able to play rough with it or is it somewhat fragile? Very nice job by the way. Have a couple of those plans tucked away also.

I'm giving this to my 2 1/2 year old grandson. I think he is too young for it but I'm sure he will push it around on the floor for a while and them when the newness wears off Mom will probably put it on a shelf in his room just for show with the rest of the things I have made him. It is pretty stout, except, I worry about the way the fenders hang out there. I'm sure they would be the first things to break off. It certainly would not hold up to the abuse of, say, a Tonka Toy, but most of it is 1/2" thick wood so pretty stout.

Thanks all.

Very nice Paul :thumb: bought or self- made wheels? If I could follow plans I'd attempt something like this :eek:, turned out great! Whats next on the vehicle list?

I did not make the wheels, ordered them from Toys and Joys. I have found a tutorial on line that tells how to make them. I plan on giving it a try.

Good job on the truck Paul. I made one a few years back it was listed as a puzzle truck. all of the parts are attached with dowels and it can be taken apart, My grandson loves the truck and plays with it often. If something would ever break I am sure you can make a repair very easily, Many hours of enjoyment there.:thumb: