A Couple of Shop Updates

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Incra iBox. I bought it several weeks ago when I caught it at a good price but only recently worked with it enough to make good joints.

iBox_a.jpg

Paddle switches with safety feature. These are not magnetic switches, but incorporate a latching relay to power the load. If the machine is ON and electric service goes off, the switch stays OFF. Cost is about $12 compared to $75 for a magnetic switch. I installed one 220V version on my 17" bandsaw. Four 110V units were installed on my jointer, 14" bandsaw, router table and lathe.

Switch_a.jpgSwitch_b.jpg

The switches look identical, but have different voltage ratings. These are Woodstock D4159 220V and D4160 110V from Amazon. They look identical to switches available from Grizzly, but Grizzy says theirs are plain switches.

Last edited:
Those are some nice updates, need to get a couple of those switches for my band saw and router table. I already added an extra groove to the front guard on my iBox jig, had it lined up to see the metal fingers and not over where it was out of the way of the blade.

Those are some nice updates, need to get a couple of those switches for my band saw and router table. I already added an extra groove to the front guard on my iBox jig, had it lined up to see the metal fingers and not over where it was out of the way of the blade.

Well, golly gee ... I've got one of those grooves, too! :D

Thanks Bill was on my list to put mag switches on more of my machines but these will do for the purpose. Did not know they came in that format.
I added a mag switch to my jointer when i first got it. could not believe Grizzly sold a machine like a 3hp without one.

Can you guys clear up the "extra slot for me please. I have not experienced the need for one.
Bill nice idea to store that adjuster thingamajig on the rear knob. Going to steel that. :)
IBox has got to be given an innovation award. It just so works its unreal.

sent from s4

Thanks Bill was on my list to put mag switches on more of my machines but these will do for the purpose. Did not know they came in that format.
I added a mag switch to my jointer when i first got it. could not believe Grizzly sold a machine like a 3hp without one.

Can you guys clear up the "extra slot for me please. I have not experienced the need for one.
Bill nice idea to store that adjuster thingamajig on the rear knob. Going to steel that. :)
IBox has got to be given an innovation award. It just so works its unreal.

sent from s4

Well the front guard comes with a pre-cut groove for where your blade should go though when cutting the joints. After doing your setup and you re-install that front guard, the "peep hole" on the top part for where you look to see the little metal fingers to me is too far off to the side, so I moved it over to see those better. In doing so, you end up with an extra groove next to the pre-cut one coincidentally the same height as your blade after your first cut. :eek: