Latest chance to show off Natures Beauty

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
Thanks again to Jim King for this beautiful piece of Dalmation.

No finish yet. Just a little Butcher Block oil as a lubricant at 10,000.

Dalmation 1.jpg

Dalmation 2.jpg

Dalmation 3.jpg

Thanks for looking. As always all comments are appreciated.

Bruce;)

Hi Bruce, :wave:
That is an extremely fine bowl. That little rim on the bottom is very nice and the grain you have brought out is awesome. I hang out more in the design areas and know little about turning but one thing I think would help, as much as I like crushed velvet, I do believe you would do that piece more justice on a blue or black background.:)
Keep turning, you are good!
Shaz

Thanks Bob. That same comment came up elsewhere. As I told them, I am no photographer, but it seems that I need to do better, especially since I am starting to go to juried shows.

I appreciate your candor.

Thanks again.

Bruce

Thanks Bob. That same comment came up elsewhere. As I told them, I am no photographer, but it seems that I need to do better, especially since I am starting to go to juried shows.

I appreciate your candor.

Thanks again.

Bruce
Bruce, my tripod, photo cube, 5000K lights, and gradient backdrop did wonders for my pics. Not including the tripod (which I already owned), I think I have less that $100 invested. Even though I use a Nikon digital SLR, my little Casio pocket camera can take excellent pics with the right lighting and backdrop. A good photo can bring out the best in your work, and sometimes even make an "good" piece look "great". A low-quality photo can make even a great piece just look OK. Your pics are better than low-quality, but they're not as high of quality as your turning. ;)

(Still ooh-ing and ahh-ing over that piece of wood you got from Jim, and the job you did with it.)