Cherry Briefcase

Thanks for posting Rob. I saved the information in my "Project Ideas" folder. They showed some good details of how they secured the tools. Can't wait until Lost Arts Press publishes their book on the Studley tool box (Virtuoso: The Toolbox of Henry O. Studley by Don Williams).

Isn't this something. One of our links took me to fine woodworking, i had not been there in years. Did some digging for toolchest info thats my next must do project. Saw this and thought what a fine piece of woodworking. Enjoy,

http://www.finewoodworking.com/audioslideshow/29742/index.asp?slideshow=29742

Briefcases are an interesting project. You should give one a try. You might start with a more standard configuration. I made a few about 25 years ago. No build pictures. This one I kept for myself. It was my first and has some flaws. It was during a period where it seems tool chests and briefcases were on my menu.

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

This has been on my to-do list for several years. Somehow I end up going places, usually kids' homes but also MIL's home, where stuff needs to be done, and this would fit the bill nicely for carrying an assortment of tools that could handle most situations.

Briefcases are an interesting project. You should give one a try. You might start with a more standard configuration. I made a few about 25 years ago. No build pictures. This one I kept for myself. It was my first and has some flaws. It was during a period where it seems tool chests and briefcases were on my menu.

Mike yours looks way cool. I really like the hardware you chose as well. Seems to me the one i linked to did a great job on the woodworking part even the handle and the wheels fell off on the tacky hardware.

Bruce it sure would look very impressive to open up a briefcase like that to set about work. But i suspect the family customers would be more interested in the work getting done :) given they probably getting it done free by a pro.

Bruce it sure would look very impressive to open up a briefcase like that to set about work. But i suspect the family customers would be more interested in the work getting done :) given they probably getting it done free by a pro.

Sure Rob, but I can imagine any pro maker going to take measures on a house for a project, carrying a similar briefcase that would be a real example of the craftsmanship and a continous advertisement of its trade and skill level. Don't you think?

Some years back Rockler (I think) used to sell briefcase hardware kits - hinges, latches, wooden handles, et al. Now, it appears they only sell the combination latch/locks, and a plastic handle.

Beautiful.

I love Cherry - and that is a gorgeous briefcase.

It would be cool to have that on a job interview.

I could use that to sell myself on the interview - but also - I hope to never need to ever do that again.