Got me a stalker

Yesterday he decided to take a break from running past me several a day and watch me paint. I think I have at least one fan now LOL he's only about 2 ft from me so I dropped the window and he just sat their.

As much as a pain as they sometimes are, they are fun to watch. Dad hangs feeders for the birds and it's kind of fun to watch those rascals try to get to the food, even more so the ways the raccoons come up with getting to it.

With the bird feeders we have, there are often anywhere fro 10~14 fox squirrels in our yard, or on the deck. Fun to watch, and the dogs love chasing them.

Always enjoyed watching them. They're such cheeky little fellows, kind of interesting seeing them literally flirt with death when they're teasing the dogs and cats, they seem to pretty much just do it for the kicks to, have to wonder whats going through their minds (have seen magpies do the same "you can't catch me thing").

When I was young I thought squirrel was game. then some smart alec told me they were rodents.. I still think of them as game! Never shot a deer but many of these critters. Very tasty and fun to watch. And Dave that is a great picture!!
Garry

When I was young I thought squirrel was game. then some smart alec told me they were rodents.. I still think of them as game! Never shot a deer but many of these critters. Very tasty and fun to watch. And Dave that is a great picture!!
Garry

Well Gary i still want to try some squirrel. So how did you prepare it. ? Whats it like just Bbqed.

Nice friend Dave . Paint him/her.

sent from s4

Well Gary i still want to try some squirrel. So how did you prepare it. ? Whats it like just Bbqed.

Depends largely on what they're eating. The northern squirrels we had were pretty much pine flavored (which is about as good as you'd expect) so generally you'd want to "cook the tar" out of them so to speak :rolleyes: I reckon the southern ones where they have lots of acorns and the like to eat would be a bit more on the tame side flavor wise.

A good mess of squirrel and dumplings! You can't beat that. Dad used to mix the brains with his eggs. He never could get me to try that one.

I also thought it would make a great painting too!

I first heard of squirrel head stew in a book by Robert Rourk, "The Old Man and the Boy" circa 1957. Have since seen various recipes and actually some tv shows with squirrel as the main dish. Seems I recall Miss Kay fixed some squirrel on Duck Commander and it was featured on one of the Swamp Pawn shows. Wouldn't mind trying some, specially the ones fattened up with the black sunflower seed from my feeders:)