Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirt got sticky

Dirt got sticky

Well,, we have hit some serious legal snags. Some the sellers were unaware of but I ferreted them out, so now they know. The ball is in their court but the deal may be in serious jeopardy. In any event, I am advised to hold off until they resolve title and trespass issues, 2 headaches I don't want.

Called doing due diligence. Not exactly happy here today.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Good things come to those who wait?

Better to have these problems resolved while you are still a potential buyer than after you own it, I know you know that, but I just thought I'd say it for you again.

Fingers crossed, and I'll make a suggestion to the man upstairs that he will help you resolve these issues!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Things like that are very frustrating to say the least. Good for you for being cautious. I hope it all works out.
    "We the People ......"

Maybe the big guy above is telling you to forget this one and look for another
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Working your way through this is like doing your income taxes . . . for weeks at a stretch; very painful. In the end it is all for the best as issues not cleaned up now become your issues at the close of escrow. Keep at it, I'll hope for the best.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

sorry to hear of your woes carol but i can speak from experience(BAD) that it is better to get it right now than later on have to be over a barrel and have a possible worse outcome. keeping my fingers crossed as well
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

As others have said, best to get it ironed out if it's going to affect your plans later. Keeping good thoughts heading your way.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Don't put to much effort it to it sis...that is the job of the title company and they are required by law...hence the title policy, to insure free and clear to any and all deed holders. That's why you pay them the big bucks!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

I was surprised to learn that many deeds are recorded without title insurance! Hence some irregularities here. It is not required, not even in California. Lawyer says it is not uncommon but of course the best path is with title insurance. I won't do it without it. Sellers' problem. I will have to wait to see what they will do about it. There is another legal issue but have to keep things in order, as in one thing at a time.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    At the pace you run, a little breather is probably most welcomed...hope it goes smoothly, quickly & in your favor/interest
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else