Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmmm - Should I ask?

Hmmmmm - Should I ask?

By now - you all know I have a big mouth - but I will go ahead and ask anyway.

Hope it's not a can of worms.

I am a CNC guy - have been for near 40 years. It's what I do. I am a senior Mfg engineer and CNC is my biggest gig.
    Seems I cannot get enough of it.

I am pretty sure there are some here that dabble in CNC woodworking.

Funny - but you have a ?? COOKING ?? forum.
    Now - I have seen some cool stuff in woodworking forums before - but "cooking?"
    OK - OK - OK ---- I am cool with that - may even try some of your stuff.

WHAT about a CNC forum.
    Some people (I cannot say guys cause a know a bunch of girls too) like to build their own machine - I will some day
    Some people like to get creative - with programming
    Some like to learn new stuff.

Have you ever given thought to a CNC thread?

Just asking

it has been brought up Leo in the past but not enough interest at the time, i know of one member whom you probably already know that made his own and has his own forum as well, and few others that have small systems.. but perhaps there is more interst now that there was so if folks have interest speak up here and we can see if the staff will set one up..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I see no reason not to have one. It either gets used or not. There are people here that have them. I'd like to learn more about them. I could never afford one or be smart enough to make one, but I find them very interesting.
    "We the People ......"

Just takes someone to ask the question to bring it up again to revisit it. I've been for one for a long time as I built one and know of several other members here that have them. It's woodworking related and would like to see those items in one place to find rather than digging through other forums for them. What you all say?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

i will agree to have the sub forum, even though i dont have or use a cnc.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

As a cooking enthusiast I support your CNC endeavors.

I don't have one, but could see making one one of these days, so any information is always useful. I suspect a lot of people (myself included) don't know half of what you can do with these things (I know there are lots of projects I've seen were my response was on the lines of "huh I didn't know you could do that with a CNC") so maybe having some more examples would encourage more of us to get off of our duffs and get cracking.

That's something I really want to add to my list of "To Do's". Good friend on IAP, he was a bubblehead and I was a flattop, CNC's shell casings for pens...100% beautiful and amazing machine work. If nothing else, a great source for tutorials, code and "Look what I made" stuff!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

++ for a CNC thread. I'd love to get back in that game.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I see nothing wrong with it might lead to some activity as long as I don't get a notice for not posting on it.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    I'd be a >
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else