Double, double toil and trouble, Fire burn, and caldron bubble

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what happened, but for some reason, I felt the need to brew, and it was too cold to go all grain, so I ordered up a trio of extract kits.

English Bitter, Farmhouse Saison, and Belgian Double.

Really easy to put together, since I had all the equipment, and I love the sound of them all bubbling together...

20140204-IMG_0426.jpg

That belgian looks mighty close to the edge you better rearrange the table so it fits better. Would not want a case of beer abuse out in the desert.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not sure what happened, but for some reason, I felt the need to brew, and it was too cold to go all grain, so I ordered up a trio of extract kits.

To cold for all grain? Why once I did a triple decoction at 17F. We'd pull the garage door down unto the monoxide poisoning made us woozy and then lift it up until the freezing got us frozen. Ok maybe that wasn't smart (and certainly wasn't enjoyable, but duty calls), a nice extract batch sounds nice :D

Try adding a mead, they're good for no boil and cold weather as they like to be fermented on the low side of normal.

English Bitter, Farmhouse Saison, and Belgian Double.

Really easy to put together, since I had all the equipment, and I love the sound of them all bubbling together...

View attachment 80775

You're getting a nice collection going there (and it took me a minute to figure out that's a mirror behind them)! I like your labels; a lot more professional looking than my pieces of masking tape with cryptic symbols written on them in sharpie.

What yeasts did you use on these ones?

Throw some old t-shirts over top of them to keep the light out, just say no to skunky beer.

Enjoying a nice "first wort and finish hops only" (+ dry hop of course) IPA right now and a cherry cider and a french blond on the other taps with lomls bourbon vanilla porter in the wings!

You're getting a nice collection going there (and it took me a minute to figure out that's a mirror behind them)! I like your labels; a lot more professional looking than my pieces of masking tape with cryptic symbols written on them in sharpie.
Love my little Dymo printer!

What yeasts did you use on these ones?
London Ale, Belgian Wit, Belgian Abbey.

And it's really been an education watching they way the behave so completely differently from each other.

Throw some old t-shirts over top of them to keep the light out, just say no to skunky beer.
It's an interior room, No sunlight, lights are off all except a few minutes a day, while I'm in there admiring the little yeasty beasties doing their job and sniffing the airlocks...

Enjoying a nice "first wort and finish hops only" (+ dry hop of course) IPA right now and a cherry cider and a french blond on the other taps with lomls bourbon vanilla porter in the wings!

Awesome!