Mulligan

Leo Voisine

This is the last Project I have done. It was a barter for a computer monitor.

I have a Samsung 24" monitor and I wanted Dual monitors.

A guy at work got a new computer and decided to sell of get rid of his old one.
The computer was of no value to me but the wireless Wave keyboard - wireless mouse - and 24" dell had value to me.

I am a horse trader and could not pony up the money to kick over the deal - so I bartered a custom designed sign.

This was his Christmas gift to his daughter.

It is completely ONE piece made of 18 pound HDU.

I totally designed this from scratch with the skills I learned at Indiana Rob's Sign Camp.

The paint is 2 coats of Joe Cooks primer than many coats of colors I mixed from basic colors.

There are many coats of color glazes that I mixed.

The gold letters painted with Modern Masters gold paint.

z-2.jpg

z-1.jpg

z-3.jpg

z-4.jpg

I use only the best paint --- Sherwin Williams, and Benjamin Moore exterior - middle to top grade.

Last edited:
WOW color me impressed Leo.
I would love to go to Indiana Rob's Sign Camp but I see on the site it was canceled.

NO it is NOT canceled - but it is not with the instructors listed.

Rob, is just a guy with a BIG barn and a HUGE heart.
He is not real good at keeping the sign camp website updated.

He just announced today that Jamie and Jody will be doing a 3D CNC design class for the entire 3 days.

I am going to talk to Diane about me going to that, but I don't think I will be able to go.

Call ROB - and talk to him. He is a GREAT guy.

Anything he puts on is a Great value and Highly educational.

That looks great, Leo. Nice design and excellent finishing work. What's HDU? I'm guessing high density urethane?

Very nice Leo. Thats a real good trade. I think he came off better. :) The sign will be around a lot longer than the disposable computers stuff. ;)

Just for info how durable is that material if used outside? Got no clue. Does it need finish of some sort to go outside? Does it need support as in backer of some other material?

sent from s4

Rob,

The HDU is pretty much impervious to the weather.

The Paint is Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore

There is maybe 6-8 coats of paint.

I make a hanger system out of .062 brass plate that is pocketed - 18-8ss screwed and epoxied into the back.

The sign is made to hang on REALLY REALLY good exterior screws.

For longevity - I really do not know --- 30 - 40 - 50 years ?????
It is CERTAIN to last a LOT longer than 20 years.

It can be scrubbed to clean it on a yearly basic - soap and water - no problem.

If it needs to be repainted - welllll --- that is NOT a robotic CNC sort of thing - that would need the skill to do so.
There are about 4-5 levels of glazes on that one.

I would sell a sign like that for a decent money.

What is the value of a Dell 24" HiDef monitor?? Then add the Wireless Wave keyboard and wireless mouse.?

I think it was a fair deal.