Double Sided Tape

well Al i use double sided carpet tape and i know jim delaney has used fast cap double sided tap in some of his projects. what do golfers need double sided tape for?

well Al i use double sided carpet tape and i know jim delaney has used fast cap double sided tap in some of his projects. what do golfers need double sided tape for?

Larry, double sided tape is used for holding the grips onto the shafts. The tape applied to the shaft, then a water-activated grip solution is sprayed over the tape & into the hole of the grip, then the grip is slid over the end of the shaft with the brand name "aligned" with the blade of the golf club, then left to dry overnight.

Last edited:
As Larry said, I've been using the Fastcap tape for most things. It's only a few thousandths thick, and has an unbelievable holding strength. I've actually used it for edge banding, with no other glue or fasteners, and it's holding well after five years (in the case of my sister's 'temporary' countertop) even with a lot of bumping, cleaning, etc.

I wouldn't use it for temporary sticking something, though. It's too strong. Carpet tape might be better for that.

I use a few kinds. For odd jobs, I'll use the thicker stuff from the BORG. For permanent solutions I use "transfer tape" which is a thin film like Jim describes. For template routing I need a tape that is thin and one that does not have a rubbery adhesive that allows movement. It is sold as turner's tape and under other names. Unfortunately places like Rockler and Woodcraft source different products for the same item number so you cannot be sure what you are getting. My solution (although this may not help you) is to check the tape wherever I happen to be. Like you I start looking as I get to runing low. If I find a tape that has the characteristics I'm after, I buy it. I know, real scientific, huh? I have had success with Intertape crepe paper core (holds tight and releases well) and Spectape (holds tight but is a bear to get off after about 30 minutes).

Last edited: