...but at least I get a bit of shop time out of it.
I'm in LA for a couple of weeks, and I brought a little project with me from Albuquerque. Last week one of the guys on my pool team got a bit upset about losing his match, and he ended up breaking the butt (handle end) of his pool cue. He was going to throw it away, but I talked him into letting me bring it with me on this trip and to if I could fix it.
I forgot to take pics before I started, but in a nutshell, the break was ragged, and the two halves did not mate up well. So I use a ball burr on a Dremel and wallowed out some of the splintered areas, then glued things back together with epoxy. There's one spot where the wood was missing completely on the exterior, but that'll get handled next.
I didn't get any pics until after I'd spread epoxy on one side of the joint.