House Remodel

We found one spot like that under one of the windows where there was an outlet. Just blackened, not charred so they must have got the fire out pretty quickly. I may not know how to hook up to the electrical box but I can wire an outlet or switch and expanded the wiring in the garage because one whole side of the garage had only one outlet and that was the side we had put the larger tools like the compound miter saw and the planner. In a small garage like this you have to be able to use every inch, hopefully without moving too many things around first. Of course for longer wood we still have to drag the table saw outside in the driveway. But isn't so bad in the summer. And we did add a small addition to the back of the garage for holding larger lumber.

garage.jpg garageb.jpg

I found this one on my Web site. That and the pic I took to show the trim I used. I did the legs first, they were a restore. I found an old table that was in really bad shape and took the legs and stripped and sanded them down. Stained and finished them during the time I was working on the table top. At the time I didn't think of taking photos. Sorry.

table1.jpg tableb.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Pam,

The outside transformation is amazing. The colors and that white trellis, as well as the landscaping really make the house pop out!

It went from a standard run of the mill older home to cute (saleable?) looking property.

Have you thought about a backyard deck with a railing to match that trellis? Something like that can be beautiful as well as useful.

:thumb::)