New Tig / stick welder & some metal work

I'm sold!!! TIG with the foot pedal is just like driving a motorcycle or car...foot is doing something and hands are doing something. Best welder I ever say was an old dude that worked for a ag fertilizer company in Salinas. He drank all the time and "back in the day" had a Thermos in his lunch box with a little nippy juice. The way his hands shook made the most perfect beads!!! Sad, but the guy was good...in 1978!

where yu at bryan? you should have or can stop by i wil be home:) we dont have a queen that takes care of us, we got a few that need to fill there coffers instead.:)

I'm not sure if those welds can take anymore. Very concerned about failure. I should have read up on what temperature swings do! From very cold in Canada to very hot here can't be good for it:huh: Sand could be bad on welds too!:rolleyes:

IMG_2045-001.JPGIMG_2065-001.JPG:wave:

Yeah, we're all worrying with you, Bryan. :rolleyes: You poor, suffering man. :rofl:

Looks like a great spot for a winter vacation. :thumb:

those of us left behind are muttering words....
Had more snow today - 400 + 402 closed due to accidents -- a 96 vehicle one on the 400 by Barrie.
April cannot come soon enough.

Well Bryan, When you get home check the welds at the points that see the most stress from flexing due to Michigan pot holes. I have had to grind out a few welds on bike racks that came back with duct tape and bungy cords holding the contraption together. Not my design or welding mind you. I tend to overbuild weldments. Folks often don't think about the weight being cantilevered out. Nothing like a few good gussets to stiffen up your contraption........like bike racks. About half the time I repair farm equipment I add gussets or other stiffening members. Some farmers are easy on their equipment.......some other ones should work at a farm equipment proving grounds.

Michigan pot holes? You must have driven through Detroit.......around here everyone knows they don't have any money for road repair.

Spent some time at HD getting a Shark Bite brand mini crimp tool and parts for 3/8" plumbing. I have 2 leaks in water lines I temp fixed last year with rubber tape, but one propane hose started to leak at the fitting to the tank, lost a lot of our propane. Glad I made the bike rack adjustable, made it easy to remove so I could work on the hose at the tank. I was going to get a replacement hose, but the 3/8" wrench for the brass fittings just rounds off the nut. So I cut the hose off at the fittings, then carefully slice the hose and peel off with needle nose pliers. The 2 propane hoses and all the plumbing on the trailer have the same crimp rings from the factory. Crimp tool uses a vise grip pliers to squeeze. Having a 19 yr old trailer, I'm thinking I should get a small tool box to take along. Always something to fix.

Spent some time at HD getting a Shark Bite brand mini crimp tool and parts for 3/8" plumbing. I have 2 leaks in water lines I temp fixed last year with rubber tape, but one propane hose started to leak at the fitting to the tank, lost a lot of our propane. Glad I made the bike rack adjustable, made it easy to remove so I could work on the hose at the tank. I was going to get a replacement hose, but the 3/8" wrench for the brass fittings just rounds off the nut. So I cut the hose off at the fittings, then carefully slice the hose and peel off with needle nose pliers. The 2 propane hoses and all the plumbing on the trailer have the same crimp rings from the factory. Crimp tool uses a vise grip pliers to squeeze. Having a 19 yr old trailer, I'm thinking I should get a small tool box to take along. Always something to fix.

Bryan,

A wee bit late to mention it now but many of the flammable gas fittings are reverse threaded. If you see a notch all the way around the fitting or all of the corners notched in the middle it is a reverse thread. Don't know if that is your fitting problem but I've certainly cranked the wrong way on a lot of fittings over the years without thinking about it!

Hu

Leaving for home, our time in the sun ending too soon. :wave:. Spent some time at Mel Fisher's treasure museum here. Got to hold a sunken treasure gold bar worth $250,000.00.
IMG_2408.jpgIMG_2387.JPGIMG_2414-001.JPG
silver bar is 80 pounds, $26,000 at current silver prices