Friday the 14th

Taking SWMBO out for lunch today rather than to dinner tonight, took both her and my daughter out to dinner last night to avoid the crowds. Plan to do some caulking of my trim work in the basement so I can get it all painted tomorrow. May go get paint tomorrow for the walls so I can get it started, but may start laying flooring instead, kinda getting tired of walking on the concrete. :rolleyes: It's also a long weekend for me, so hoping for some shop time since it's supposed to get up in the 50's - 60's. :thumb: :headbang::bliss::highfive::woot:

done with the white stuff.
leaving sunday(wife off for presidents week), headed to AC, maybe move on from there midweek, no solid plans, don't need any.
As long as Im not shoveling or plowing snow, Im happy.

Dinner with the wife and kid tonight. Tomorrow to the library with the kid to research falcons for a project she has coming up while the wife gets her hair and nails did, massage, etc. . Then to the local woodturners group meeting in the afternoon with my dad. Hopefully watching snow melt the rest of the weekend...50s on the way next week, might even dust off the old bike and hit the trails next weekend!! :)

Just finished clearing out the snow from the driveway & walkways. Started at 6am, finished at 9 am. About 12" & probably the heaviest snow I've ever handled. Even the 10 HP snow blower strained & struggled. The bottom 6" appeared to be light, then about a 3" layer of frozen slush on top of that with about another 3" of snow on top of that. Tough shoveling!

Going to celebrate Valentines Day with dinner out tonight.

Slacking off today while waiting on an order of some tools to finish the latest project.

Not much going on here. Birthday party for my niece tomorrow, but quiet otherwise.

Went up to Cleveland yesterday for a big Home & Garden Show. Didn't buy anything - just looked.

Stopped off at the Woodcraft store while up there. Under new management...new guy seems quite surly. Asked about a sale item; he told me that if I wanted sale items, I shouldda come last week. He was out of the, and not reordering. Also noted that the lathe related area was about doubled in size, and the guy only wanted to talk about turning. Sat there on a stool the whole time I was in the store (I was the only potential customer). Said he had a sore foot.

Anyway, I won't be going back there. Cleveland is fifty miles from me, but there's another (good the last time I was there) Woodcraft store in Columbus - 150 miles - that I'll go to from now on.

In LA this weekend working on a SWMBO list that stretches into next week. I did manage to clear out enough space in the garage last night to turn a curly maple hollow form, so I'll see about getting it sanded and finished over the next few days. It's pretty depressing to go into my shop now, since it's been overtaken with stuff I moved out of our storage unit the last time I was in LA. The lathe and bandsaw are about the only tools that are accessible now. :mad:

In LA this weekend working on a SWMBO list that stretches into next week. I did manage to clear out enough space in the garage last night to turn a curly maple hollow form, so I'll see about getting it sanded and finished over the next few days. It's pretty depressing to go into my shop now, since it's been overtaken with stuff I moved out of our storage unit the last time I was in LA. The lathe and bandsaw are about the only tools that are accessible now. :mad:

If there were 2 tools I'd want accessible, those would be the ones! :)

Packing...still. Did manager to get a few pen orders out. I hate packing the shop :(. But...on a sweet note, both of us now have a license to practice in Nevada!! Supposed to be easy to transfer when you have a national certification...if we had kids they'd have wanted them too! We are now free and clear to navigate!:wave:

Sitting at the beautiful state theater in Kalamazoo, Mi waiting to see Tommy Castro play some blues tonight, that's what the wifey wanted for valentines day:) Rest of the weekend is up for grabs:)

Totally enjoying our freedom since all the kids and grandkids moved out last week :woot:

The wife has has the past 2 days off from school due to the snow and I've been hanging in the shop working on the vanity/dressing table. Probably a little bit of food shopping tomorrow, a quick stop to see our grand daughter Abby play basketball, church on Sunday and the rest is shop time.:D

I've got the opposite end of Jim Burr's excitement....I've been moving packed boxes from my M.I.L.'s and sister in laws storage rental. Now that they have gone on to greener pastures, the wife gets to sort thru it all, and I get to play chauffeur with each box to it's designated final destination...Not to talk bad of the deceased, but WOW, & here I thought we were pack-rats :eek::rofl:

Might take a little day trip to Cape Breton Island if conditions are half decent. Our son left his fiddle with the luthier at Christmas for re-varnishing and we might go pick it up. This is the fine craftsman who built it 16 years ago. It's our son's most prized possession and he won't let anyone else work on it. I'll tell the rest of the story, maybe with pictures if we make the trip. My wife plans to personally deliver the instrument to Honolulu:D