Can Tung oil go bad?

I had a bottle of pure Tung oil, for about a year in a cupboard in my shop, which is a dry and cool place and obviously protected from both artificial and sunlight.

Today I was going to make some tests and when I picked the bottle it looks as you see. Sometime ago I had noticed it had settled out that white thing on the bottom, but today there are these strange things in suspension which I don't know if are crystals of sort or whatever.

Should I stir it, or rather filter it or throw it away?. I've applied it to a scrap and it looks fine dunno... Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
oil001.jpgoil002.jpgoil003.jpgoil004.jpg

I always thought tung oil went bad if you got to much air in the container and basically it goes ahead and cures in the bottle. However from what I understand over here most of what is sold as tung oil isn't.
Garry

Last edited:
I got a bottle I've had a long time. Last I used was still good. When I get some out of the bottle I always squeeze all the air out and then put the cap on. I was told that it will react with the air in the bottle and try and cure. Don't know if this is true or not, but mine has lasted.

I'd toss that stuff

Today I looked at the bottle and it was back to normal, I believe that the oil was somewhat frozen, as it happens with olive oil when temperature get cold. It doesn't need to be below or near zero at all. With 5 or 3 degrees celsius one gets this sort of things inside the oil that dissapera when temperature goes back to normal. Dumb of me I dind't think about it until today when I saw the bottle that I hade left in my studio, which is heated (my shop not), since I took the pics I posted. Today the oil was clear as it should be.