cracked cabinet door

ted heid

kitchen cabinet door has a crack in it that I need to repair. Does not appear that I can clamp and squeeze back together but will need to probably fill with something and match finish. any help much appreciated.door.jpg

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 36
the crack came from expansion and contraction of the wood panel and it might have been anchored or glued in place so it couldnt move with the humidity, and i agree that there is a piece of wood missing that could be glued back in but its not going to be easy, you might want to look at making or getting another door made to match and refinishing it to match.

Is that the center of the door? Can you post a pic of the full door so we can get an idea of it's construction, perhaps front and back of it. I would agree that it appears to have a piece missing as that center rail (assuming that is what it is) narrows at the top.

Darren it looks to be a 2 panel pocket door. The panels should not be glued but wood pinned just to elevate this kind of problem. We see this all the time. Caused by temperature change. Mainly of customers moving from one climate to another.

Darren it looks to be a 2 panel pocket door. The panels should not be glued but wood pinned just to elevate this kind of problem. We see this all the time. Caused by temperature change. Mainly of customers moving from one climate to another.

I assume that it is, but would like to see more before suggesting a fix. :wave:

I still have to agree with the others that there is a piece missing on the end of that middle stile. I'd also agree that it would look best if a new piece was milled to fit.

well i didnt see that coming, the way it was made shows that the wood had stress and that was where it decide to relive itself. the only way i can see to fix it would be to fill the crack with some wood of the same species and take the door to a accomplished stain and finisher to match up the finish. the choice would be to remake the door. did you make these or were they purchased recently?