Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liquorice sweets or as you guys say Candy :)

GTA Ontario Canada

Liquorice sweets or as you guys say Candy :)

Had a day off with my youngest son the other day and we paid a visit to a building he had a project on.
    On way back we stopped in at the South African store to pick up a few supplies from the old country lol.
    I wondered whether you guys know what i am refering to if i say "liquorice all sorts" maybe a pic is worth a thousand words in this case. These were never my favorite sweet really only purchased them for show and tell and i know Linda likes a particular one out of the pack.
    So do you guys have them in USA.?
    I actually think they a British thing i know my Mom used to like them. I can only handle liquorice once in a blue moon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392911119020.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	81198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392911143564.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	81199

sent from s4

S E Washington State
    We use to have them in the U.S. don't know if we do anymore. I never look for them because I'm not a fan. I love liquorice, but not in that form.
    "We the People ......"

Outside the beltway
    making my teeth hurt LOL
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Escondido, CA
    Never saw them before. I do love black jelly beans though.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Austin, Texas
    Obviously you shop at the wrong stores. That bag is WAY too small. I would have to buy many bags.

We always pick them up in the UK, and when we occasionally see them here, we often buy them. I recall the days when I could eat whatever I wanted, and not gain weight. No more, so candy like this has become a rare treat.
    Charlie Plesums, Austin Texas
    (Retired early to become a custom furnituremaker)
    Lots of my free advice at

London, Ontario
    Yeah, Rob, what Charlie said. You need to get the wine-bottle-sized box from Costco... :-)

The problem with these is they suffer from the "bet you can't eat just one" phenomenon
    There's usually more than one way to do it... ........

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    They used to be my older son's favorite candy. You can still win his heart with a bagful. Of course, there are lots of places to buy them for me, as I'm only 45km souuth of you.

The other member of Mensa, but not the NRA

Everyone is a self-made person.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their veracity" -Abraham Lincoln

The Gorge Area, Oregon
    Man I haven't seen these in years. I don't remember seeing them down here but definitely remember having them in Canada. There were like two candies in there I really liked (the "grit" covered ones if I recall correctly) and then the black licorice centers out of the round candies. I'd trade the outsides for the licorice centers, never cared for the outside part of those for some reason.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Most of the big drug stores have them around here as well as some supermarkets. I really like black licorice, the stronger the better.
    Most of the country stores have the real old fashioned stuff.

you folks that don't like licorice, do you like Anisette, Ouzo, Sambucca ????
    Faith, Hope & Charity

North of Reno, NV...middle of the desert
    I think I remember those from way back. I thought I was the only one who liked black licorice...didn't realize I had friends in that area (Brent hates it).

Yes, Carol, Jelly Belly black licorice beans and don't forget the buttered popcorn beans. They go well together