Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to come out...sorta

Reno, Nv

Time to come out...sorta

I've had two bouts with PTSD since my time in Kuwait during DS1. The first was treated and went away. But a little know cause brought about a reoccurrence about 3 years ago. Treated and I thought. Several months ago I started feeling weird again, talk to my doc and back on limited meds. Well I still freak out now and then...hands shake, always depressed and panicky. Called my doc this morning through the service. Pharmacy gave me the wrong drug. That explains my wacko behavior. Costco has the right script now and I should be back to normal tomorrow, my usual happy cheery self!
    I seem to remember, but not totally having been a little grumpy in the last few weeks. If that is the case and anyone here was apologies and I ask forgiveness. Gotta keep the family together!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

North West Indiana
    Jim, no problems here. Thank you for your service and my freedoms you fought for. I was in partnership on a herd of Shorthorn cows with a man that fought in WW II. Once a year or so he would need to go back for "reprogramming" as his wife and family called it. He was a pipe smoker and every barn door had a coffee can nailed on the wall sideways and he would put his pipe in there before entering the barn. If when walking around the farm if you started seeing pipes laying around he was starting a down hill slide. It was something we started realizing and thus he would go in earlier with less trouble.

I am sorry for your troubles, he dealt with this for many years and was a wonderful mentor to me on the cattle business. I pray for you that you also will find peace and maybe a couple of quirks that let you know earlier when things aren't going as well.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

Reno NV
    Haven't noticed a thing. You are undergoing a lot of change right now, which is never easy.

Just let me know what I can do to help! And don't be shy about asking.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Yorktown, Virginia
    Jim, Glad you are back on track. It's no fun when the pharmacy passes out the wrong stuff and it's a good thing the error was discovered before something bad happened.

S E Washington State
    Jim, it is nothing to hide and you are doing the right thing, in my humble opinion, by talking about it. We are here for you.
    "We the People ......"

The Gorge Area, Oregon

The stress of moving and all that gets me as well and I haven't ever been through any of the stuff like you have. Hang in there man; this to shall pass. No worries from our side.

North of Reno, NV...middle of the desert
    Jim, you know we all are here for you and know we'll be around that relative corner. Let us know how we can help. Prayers and good thoughts.

Kansas City, Missouri
    No worries Jim, you're in with the right group, we're here for ya.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

ABQ NM
    Heh...I just thought you didn't like me anymore.

Seriously, I've not seen anything that couldn't be written off to stress from moving and other changes going on...had some of that myself here lately. As others here have said, we've got your back, bud.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Glad you got the meds worked out.
    My son has PTSD from Iraq and I know it can be devastating at times. The VA is doing a good job helping him out.
    Faith, Hope & Charity