A Break From Wheels

Paul Douglass

Got up this A.M. and had an email from my Niece. She sent me a picture and asked if I could make her one of the things in the picture. Well I kinda though I could use a little break and it was so simple. I made her 4 of them, just as easy as making one, almost. I figured, she has 4 very active boys and if they get their hands on one they would figure out something untold to do with it. Here they are. Tried some variations, lined the thumb hole of two with felt, just because and put a yarn lanyard on one, told her to wear it around her neck so it would be handy.

IMG_2127.jpg

In case you don't know what they are for:

Screenshot_2014-02-25-07-49-00.jpg

Sometimes it is the little things that make people happy.

Last edited:
What a novel idea! Nice post Paul. Will have to make a couple myself. Now if i could only find a way to have something hold my Kindle. :rofl: Seriously, I like actual books better than a kindle. There is just something about a book that is lacking in a Kindle. Perhaps it's being able to hold it & turn a page, or seeing it on a shelf in the library. Anyway, I'm going to make a few & hand them out.

Thanks for passing this useful "novelty" on to us.

Sheesh! Kids these days. :rolleyes: When I was a kid we held our books open with just our thumb. After walking uphill 10 miles to school. In the freezing rain. With no shoes. And we LIKED it! :rofl: