Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SketchUp 2014

SketchUp 2014

In case anyone is interested, SketchUp 2014 was just released this evening. You can get it from SketchUp.com. Probably the most obvious new features will be a couple of new Arc tools but there's other stuff and a bunch of tweaking under the hood to improve performance. They have a What's New section on their site so take a look.
    Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly

Dave
    So did us free users lose anything this time. Will any old plug ins sill work? i have been sticking with Sketchup 8 so far did finally dl 2013 guess i was a little late in that!

Garry

Garry,

No. The free users didn't lose anything with SU2014. Plugins will work but DO NOT copy them from your older installation. SketchUp 2014 now uses Ruby 2.0 and many plugins had to be updated to meet those new Ruby standards. Most authors have updated already but some may be a little slow. Install fresh copies of the plugins using either the Extension Warehouse of SCF PluginStore.

Just downloaded it, thanks for the heads up Dave.

Now I really need to learn how to use it. I would be very useful for the recent quotes I've been fielding.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I can help you with that, Stu. Just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    In case anyone is interested, SketchUp 2014 was just released this evening. You can get it from SketchUp.com. Probably the most obvious new features will be a couple of new Arc tools but there's other stuff and a bunch of tweaking under the hood to improve performance. They have a What's New section on their site so take a look.
    Does 2014 convert to a reduced function Sketchup when the trial ends or does it just stop working? I'd like to play with it some and might have limited use for it.

Thanks
    Jack

Jack, just like SU2013 it reverts to the free version after 8 hours of drawing time as the pro version unless you buy the license.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Just downloaded it, thanks for the heads up Dave.

Now I really need to learn how to use it. I would be very useful for the recent quotes I've been fielding.

Cheers!
    Me too. Been meaning to try this for a while, just no time. But, it's starting out to be a year of learning lots of new things

Sheesh, I just downloaded Skecthup 8 a few days ago and started playing with it. I think I need to go to Youtube University to learn now to use it. I didn't like anything I tried to accomplish and that always means I wasn't doing it right.
    Billy B.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

Not to toot my own horn, much but maybe this will get you started. Or maybe you should look into this.

At least be careful and don't start learning a bunch of bad habits. There are a number of tutorials out there that teach less that desirable methods.