etigueit????

larry merlau

i have a etikit question,, if i were to have a website or promotional project done, and had some pics of the projects i had done previously to post in this ad or site. if there were others involved in the project equally, shouldnt they be acknowleged? rather than made to appear as though it was just me doing it? whats yur opinions on this???

i have a etikit question,, if i were to have a website or promotional project done, and had some pics of the projects i had done previously to post in this ad or site. if there were others involved in the project equally, shouldnt they be acknowleged? rather than made to appear as though it was just me doing it? whats yur opinions on this???

I always think it is a good idea, and manners to give credit, where credit is due.

Cheers!

I think the phrase is "credit where due" and I strongly believe in it. I am a loner and am happy that way, but I understand the value of assistance and or teamwork and it needs to be recognised.

Well Larry, anytime someone helps me out in any way I always give credit where it is due. It is only the right thing to do since it is also their hardwork, ideas, etc going into the work.

I am always quick to introduce to the homeowner I am working for, who the various trades people are and what they did in the home building process.

Same goes for anyone helping me restoring the cars and tractors we have done ( which is family), as well as any woodworking/cabinetry jobs that I have been contracted to do.

I always try to give credit where it's due.

Sometimes I forget:eek: I hate that when it happens

In my opinion, it is not only Proper Etiquette, but Common Courtesy, and I have always done that.

I have always resented the fact that we see all kinds of important "Research Papers" published by many "Big Name" PHD type Professors from the Higher Institutions of Learning, that truthfully, they did very little work on. They have their students do all the research and write up their findings, and then they basically edit their student's work and publish it with only their name on it as the Author, like they did it all themselves, with NO CREDIT given to those that actually did the work. The thing that REALLY Bugs me about this, is that everyone seems to think this is a perfectly acceptable practice.

Ditto what the other have said.

But, I don't expect it to happen now days! Someone always wants to Grand Stand on the backs of the others that did the work.:(

Jeff
Really cynical about were society is and dreading where it will be!

I don't understand why so many people get killed in a war. Everyone knows it's the Generals, who win wars??????

DT

Ditto what the other have said.

But, I don't expect it to happen now days! Someone always wants to Grand Stand on the backs of the others that did the work.:(

Jeff
Really cynical about were society is and dreading where it will be!

sometimes i have to agree with you jeff, either i am gettin older and am lookin at things wrong or the way i was brought up isnt the same as the way alot are being brought up now days.:huh:

Hi Larry, :wave:
It always hurts my feelings when I am not given recognition for messing up or doing well on a job. Some times that is the most important part, as that recognition is all you carry when the money is gone and the job is finished.
Because of that it is important to me to do unto others as I would have them do unto me. Be forgiving if it happens to you, and give credit when ever you can.:D
Shaz