Need sum skoolin

So...we've got a ton of red oak trim in our house that we would like to darken a shade or three...The oak was treated originally with two coats of Min-wax antique oil, and over the years has had an occasional coat now & then when the mood struck...are we SOL? We're looking to get more of a brownish tone over the reddish it is currently...Thanks for any thoughts, lessons, laughter etc. :wave:

Couple ways to do this with out spraying. Get a qt. Of minwax hickory oil stain and a small amount of green trans-color die and tint the hickory a bit to kill the red oak stain. Use a stainer brush and brush the stain out , let dry and seal.
2. Make a glaze with Ben Moore glazing liquid or have them make it up 3/4 hickory , 1/4 green and mix up to 50/50 thinner to apply and let dry and seal.

Thanks Dave, you da man!!! :thumb: while your here :D, I'm putting up some new red oak window trim, I'm thinking I should give the new stuff a few coats of the minwax oil and allow some time to set up, then proceed with your advice to make a reasonable match to the 'new look' older trim?

By brushing out the product you can achieve a sprayed on finish. Load thw brush with just enough to cover an area. Brush it till it starts to drag.let dry sand in 24 hrs. Repete till you get the desired thicknesses and apply a final coat.