Remodel Project

Leo Voisine

I don't really know where to post this - so it is here.

As I go through this project this year - I will try to keep this thread up to date.

I actually did already do some work from a year of three ago - but the major push is on this year.

I expect this project will take be into the early fall - or perhaps even to Christmas (I hope not)

In between I have a significant "other list" of things that will surely interrupt.

Here is the start - before - pictures. Closer details would reveal some stuff that just doesn't show here.

The cabinets are FAR past really really BAD. They were REALLY BAD - 15 years ago.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 34
In between I have a significant "other list" of things that will surely interrupt.

I initially read that as "I have a 'significant other' list of things.." and was thinking yeah me to :rofl:

I gotta say that the orange counter tops really accentuate the plaid floor. I'm betting you'll be real happy to get through this one.

I love my wood stove. That is our heat source. Heating season from October to April cost us 2 cords of wood per year - about $400 total for the heating season. That Jotul Oslo 500 Wood Stove is a keeper.

The hearth is also a keeper. I put a lot of work into that about 4-5 years ago. Cement board and 1/4 tile. It is far beyond code. That was a project in itself.

The brick hearth was not properly built and was severely pulling away from the wall, and ready to fall.

I tore it all down and tore out all the stove pipe all the way into the flue in the chimney.

I then proceeded to get super ridiculous into far beyond safe and totally rebuilt the hearth, ans installed a new wood stove. I did not want the wood stove company to do the install, because they were not going to be as ridiculously safe as I wanted.

I figured, if I wanted what was far more than was reasonable - I would need to do it myself.

NOW - I can get a fire going in the stove, ans leave the house unattended - and feel safe.

I posted before - I have been inside a house while it was still on fire, more than once. THAT - never leaves my mind.

chimney-5.jpgBustedThru2.jpgBustedThru.jpg

Looks like you have a nice slate to start with, nice and open, most folks have to tear down a bunch of walls to start with. So are you keeping the faux trusses above the kitchen area? :)

:lurk:

Same here! :yes: One in the house, nuther in the shop, can't beat wood heat! Though I can't say I'd feel safe leaving home while they're churning, but, having a set-up like yours would probably settle the ol' nerves enough to venture out for a short run to the hardware store :thumb:

looking forward to your adventure!!!

I load it and I go to work for the day!!!!!!

Looks like you have a nice slate to start with, nice and open, most folks have to tear down a bunch of walls to start with. So are you keeping the faux trusses above the kitchen area? :)

:lurk:

The beams in the ceiling are structural - not fake.

I am building covers out of clear pine to make them "look" wider and to lighten the color - and match some of the other wood.