Mission Control Desk

I kind of get the impression that he built the console for himself and he lets the kid play with it. ;) Nicely done, though. :thumb:

Vaughn had not seen your comment until i had seen the video and i was thinking exactly the same thing. Perhaps Dad is also like some Hockey or Football dads i have encountered that really wanted to be the great hockey/football player they want their kid to be now.
In this case maybe a engineer in launch control center. :)
Still he did a great job of the project and put some real thought into its operation.

sent from s4

Years ago the software company I used to worked for would do elaborate trade show booths, particularly at shows like COMDEX and DECUS. But instead of hiring a professional booth-building contractor, we did most of the work ourselves, using rented props. One year in Atlanta we had a 40' x 40' booth space, and we filled it with a Mission Control mockup, using a bunch of large consoles we rented from a prop warehouse in Burbank. (They had been used in various sci-fi films over the years.) These consoles were covered with all sorts of knobs, switches, gauges, lights, and small CRT monitors (this was before flat screen TVs were around). There were hidden VCRs playing various "Mission Control" types of videos (like rockets launching and spacecraft docking) on the monitors. All of the components were labelled, and it was fun reading some of the stuff the propmakers came up with. (For the most part, none of the labels would ever be legible on camera.) There were labels for space-related things like Anti-Gravity, Apogee, and Perigee, but also labels for Wash, Rinse, Spin, and Dry, as well as Coffee, Tea, Cream, and Sugar. :)