Apsen Hollow Form

Nate Davey

Between work, school and trying to spend some time with my wife, turning time has been in short supply. Finally finished this little piece. Aspen, 8.5" x 5.5" finished with WOP. Still working on form and getting continuous pleasing curves. The wood has some wonderful movement with the light, just can't get it to come out in the pics. Sure is nice when the wood makes you look good. Thanks for looking.
Aspen Hollow Form 01_edited-1.jpg
Aspen Hollow Form 02_edited-1.jpg

Great orientation!! Looks like the curve moves really well and there is nice relief on the foot. My only thought is the mouth...is it a natural edge?

I like what I'm seeing from here...looking forward to seeing it in person before too long. :thumb: I like the form and it's a great piece of wood.

I noticed you have your gradient backdrop oriented opposite of how most folks are doing it...you've got the dark on the bottom instead of the top. Was that intentional?

Jim, The top is natural edge….sort of. It's the sawn end of the log. Thought it looked kind of neat as I was roughing so left it.

Vaughn, I did use the gradient upside down on purpose. With the wood being a little lighter in color I didn't want the wood to get lost.