Thread: Saw this and though everyone here should see it too

Saw this and though everyone here should see it too

Just saw it thinking I need to build one of these for my own then I though hey maybe others would like to make one too.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...#axzz2uuhtu4sB

Very Cool! That would come in handy
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Very clever!
    "We the People ......"

Clever, yeah, but not without problems. The drawers are very shallow, and the portion of them that's the 'drop zone' is small, so it's likely that longer items - or too many items - will jam the drawers. If that happens, you'll either pull out several drawers at once (possibly mixing the contents again) or else the 'overage will fall down into the drawer below when a drawer is opened. If that happens with the bottom drawer, then the debris will be on the bottom of the case, and the drawer can't be re-closed.

Nice idea, but really doesn't seem all that practical to me.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

I like it. While I agree with Jim that there is the potential for glitches, as long as the user pulled the drawers out every once in a while to spread out the contents I don't think jamming would be an issue. And if a random screw occasionally fell into the washer drawer, that'd still be better than the bucket/coffee can/box/drawer of completely random mixed screws, bolts, nuts, washers, and nails.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Some place later in the post there was an idea where instead of drawers that stagger like this that you put them in like books side by side and make a "bin" instead to catch them. Either way it's a neat idea. I can see those cans of miss matched what knots getting sorted.

Necessity is the mother of invention, no doubt. Or, as Lou Costello put it, bread is the mother of the airplane.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I dig it
    Kevin

In arte voluptas - in der Kunst liegt Vergnügen - in art lies enjoyment