Got to say something.....

howard if you get that close to allen you need to make it happen to meet him,, you will never regret it!!! then while your he can get you hooked up for the next adventure:)

Or maybe Howard you could host a tour'd'wood in Jamaica.... Jamaica is a beautiful place and a fun place... I did my first honeymoon with the first wife in Ocho Rios at what was the Playboy club then... we had a fabulous time and i've always regretted that I never got back to Jamaica.

A different point of view.

Doug I understand what your saying. If it were any of you asking a lot of questions I would jump right in ifI could help. One thing , because I know you appreciate it and would do the same. I've been burnt to many times helping others with out even a thank you. A ( THANK YOU ) sometimes is all it takes.

Dave, sometimes it is just a matter of perspective. I was a mod for drum forum years ago(too many years ago) and we had similar concerns/questions. We tried lots of things, but in the end nothing work. Then something unusual happen that got our attention. One of the members who had alot of knowledge/posts got into an argument with a another member (it got real nasty) and he quit and purged all of his posts.

Years worth of questions/answers were gone and he felt he was fully justified in doing so. Did he get even with us? Considering he was only upset with one/two members, he removed all of his posts from the hundreds of current members and 100/1000's of future members who are genuinely great and friendly people.

Teachers in school teach and the majority of those kids appreciate it, but a few could careless. Yet they continue to teach.

Your post may not be appreciated by the handful of folks that don't say thank you, but look at the bigger picture. There are 100/1000's others they will gain from the knowledge that is posted here. If FWW is still here 30 years from now and someone does a search of the site, they may end up linking to one or more of your many posts.

You will then be sharing your knowledge with future woodworkers who will be very grateful for you generosity. You and all others here that help answer questions are adding to the knowledge base of this forum that may well out live all of us.

And by finding your answers it may draw them in to become active future members.

So when you answer a question and don't get a thank you, just imagine you are paying forward for the next generation.

Rob

Certainly would host a tour d wood , what a grand time with all the adult beverages an some strange kinds of wood to show.

Chuck the playboy Hotel was from Years ago, not around anymore, but a lot of great properties are all over Jamaica.

Allen it never crossed my mind that a member would have been in Kingston, o boy it was -17 while i was there. you guys can keep that stuff!!!!

Howard

Certainly would host a tour d wood , what a grand time with all the adult beverages an some strange kinds of wood to show.

Chuck the playboy Hotel was from Years ago, not around anymore, but a lot of great properties are all over Jamaica.

Allen it never crossed my mind that a member would have been in Kingston, o boy it was -17 while i was there. you guys can keep that stuff!!!!

Howard

its 42 right now outside, (f), Im going to wash the truck and my wifes car. Feels like summer.