A Public THANK YOU!

Paul Douglass

There has been some discussion on here about the type of people that are on this forum. I for one have received lots of help and learned a lot since I joined. I have made some real friends also. To which, this is my public THANK YOU. As some know I am into toy wooden car making right now. I showed in one thread a jig I made for drilling holes for spoke wheels. Although I thought my indexing wheel was pretty, I just couldn't seem to get it accurate for what I wanted. So I emailed Mione Hill, I knew he had a CNC machine because he made the gears for my organ. We got on Skype and discussed it and he said he could do. He didn't use his CNC, but some other milling machine he has. Check this out:

IMG_2144.jpg

Made out of aluminum. All kind of holes for all kinds of indexing! He threw in a nice rod to use for mounting it also. I'm so excited about it I am going to remake the rest of the jig so it is good enough to put this wheel on!

THANK YOU MIONE HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I think the reason why this forum is as good as it gets is because of the "core group" of senior woodworking professionals that enjoy helping others, giving back, especially to those that are relatively new to woodworking. There are a good number of younger woodworkers as well that contribute what they have learned here on this forum and have applied to their own projects, or pass on their knowledge that they have gained from their own prior personal experience. Plus, there is no fear of asking "how-to" questions because even the seniors have asked those questions before and are happy to provide the answers they have learned.

That's a good looking indexing wheel alright! Certainly gives you unlimited spoke combinations D I suspect you'll be finding some other uses for that setup if you keep doing these models...

Well now Paul ... I've been encouraged by you for years now.

It seems I followed your building of pens, cigar box guitars, and your personal 'yacht' over that time and still don't know if you've taken a maiden voyage on the Columbia.

One of the highlights was actually meeting you for some real 'Facetime' over a cup of coffee last year when we where in Pasco for a soccer tournament.

This years (last weekend) tournament was even better weather with temps starting at 7º and calm 15mph winds blowing across the prairie. What was even better was that they got to play two extra games as they won the Blue Mountain Exchange Soccer Tournament and it took 5 hours to drive back to Liberty Lake in a snow storm.

Well now Paul ... I've been encouraged by you for years now.

It seems I followed your building of pens, cigar box guitars, and your personal 'yacht' over that time and still don't know if you've taken a maiden voyage on the Columbia.

One of the highlights was actually meeting you for some real 'Facetime' over a cup of coffee last year when we where in Pasco for a soccer tournament.

This years (last weekend) tournament was even better weather with temps starting at 7º and calm 15mph winds blowing across the prairie. What was even better was that they got to play two extra games as they won the Blue Mountain Exchange Soccer Tournament and it took 5 hours to drive back to Liberty Lake in a snow storm.

Congrats to the soccer player! That's great!

Okay, so explain why you didn't call me this year! We could have had another cup and I may have even paid for it this time!!!! One of these times when you are in town and have some extra time, I'll drive you out to see my humble little shop. But, please give me a couple days notice so I can clean it up enough that two people can fit in it!