edging and staining

Today I thought I'd share one of the techniques I use to finish edges. I'm working on a Mahogany SideBoard 1930's. The substright is Popular so when we stripped and sanded the raw popular color pop's out. To deal with this in a quick mannor I and using the Minwax Brushing Lacquer. 1/4 cup of Brown Mahogany and about a 10th of that in green Bhelin stands. Add a little Lacquer thinner . I use a 1" sable brush and pull a stroke till it looks like its getting thin and then the next stroke into the other. if once is good great. This is a double coat.

BTW your looking at the top edge of the drawer which matches the front now.

"I and using the Minwax Brushing Lacquer. 1/4 cup of Brown Mahogany and about a 10th of that in green Bhelin stands. Add a little Lacquer thinner ."

help me cifer this dave:) this i get minway brushing lacquer, then a 1/4 cup of brown mahogany behlens stain,, now i get confused.. about a tenth of the brown mahagant into how much green or is it a tenth of the 1/4 cup for the green amount? and add a little lacquer thinner is clear to me as well to help it brush out

What I mixed up for this job , was a bit much. But here is what I did

1/4 cup Brushing Lacquer
1/4 cup Behlin Brown mahogany
table spoon of green behlin stain
and a bit of thinner to loosen up the mixture , optional , the stain will loosen it up also.
basic formula play with it for thickness and thinness. BTW you want ventilation with the brushing lacquer. Stuffs worse then my wife's finger nail polish.

A lot of times I forget to do the edges so this is my way of getting it right quick.

thanks dave for clearing it up.. i knew better than to guess.. if you wernt so far away i would be in your shirt pocket for days to try and learn more about how you do color