Old cast 12in TS never heard of help!!

Ninh Shepherd

5ahemyra.jpg

qavaryha.jpg
7e4yjuhy.jpg

Ok guys I've never heard of this name before and I've done EVERY type of research I can! And have yet to find anything in this name brand !!!? Any body ever heard if it ?
My friends wanting to sell it to me his dad got it from an estate sale a while back and never uses and he said he would sell it to me for a 100$ and mainly just doing me a favor and me him by taking it off his dad's hands. Says it real quite real heavy and seems to be true.
But also keep in mind my friend doesn't really know anything about TS

~Ninja~

knee jerk reaction is to stay away from it unless you have the need to fill your shop with old iron that you probably will not be able to fix up well enough to work with.

Ok we do not know that it runs but lets say it does. You will need a blade say 100 bucks looks like there is no fence with it so lets get one on those Accusquare Table Saw Fence, 25" Right Rip 250 dollars. Good chance a belt 10 bucks. Looks like a miter gauge is needed as well Kreg 140 bucks. Several hours cleaning it up and putting the fence on now you're ready to go flip the switch and vroom skreech clunk the arbor bearing seized up because the saw has been neglected left outside for the last 3 years and you can't find a new one oh well only out 600 bucks.:thumb:
Not to say any of this will happen but no name stuff can be really hard if not impossible to get parts for. I would also ask on the old iron forum http://www.owwm.org/

Last edited:
the part that would bother me is you dont know if its true at all ninh, and its made in tiawan and its not a name brand that most are familiar with, another drawback is that it is a 12" saw which most saws are 10" so you might have trouble there to not enough horsepower to run a 12" the price looks good for a table saw but you need to dig deeper on it first.

I agree on several points but, someone who actually needs a 12" saw might not agree. Plan on ripping a lot of 16/4 lumber or making frequent stacked sheet goods runs? If not, the cost of the 12" cutters would sway me for long term costs. Short term costs will be a fence; 12" saws have a deeper table than the 10" format 'standard' of 27" so after-market can be an issue on some items. I would have to have a definite and repeating need for a 12" cutter to go down that road. This is of course, based on my needs. YMMV.

Well I got some more info from the guy. He says it's runs fine and he'll bring it to work tomorrow for me to look at I more than likely won't buy it and wait a little bit longer and save to get a decent one.
And I have no clue for maintenance parts I can't even find a source of supplier or where it even originated from!!!
You try googling "stout 12in. Tablesaw " I tried everything and have yet to find anything!!! So I believe you guys are right. Minus the fence (chuck) because I make all of my own Biesmeyer T-square fence like my homemade TS that just crapped out on me.(that will another topic I'll post here soon)
aguvy7e4.jpg
u6uzypeq.jpg
a8apaqyb.jpg
mudumudu.jpg
ygymenaz.jpg
4ere3ygy.jpg
a6usuqur.jpg
pyju6esu.jpg

~Ninja~

Ninh this may look like a great deal to you but thats only because of your reference point that of your saw being self made. If you have $100 to invest in a second hand saw, keep an eye out on Craigslist or some other local option that will have second hand old Craftsman contractor or the likes saws for sale.

If you dead set on this saw check what the arbor size is, also i cannot make out what the HP of the motor is and what it runs off. You may want to see if you could fit a 10" blade on it and if there is a fence lying around that came with it.

You mentioned how life has been crazy busy well a saw like this could end up consuming your time and money that you have to spend on woodworking and still get nowhere. Thats why its $100.

There are deals to be had in the second hand market which would see you better off by far and being able to source parts at economical prices and even be able to sell your refurbished saw one day when you wish to upgrade. Look around.

There is a Stout Tools they make a Bandsaw....

http://www.stouttool.com/

But upon further investigation Stout Tools is run by a guy named Paul Eckhoff.

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Paul-Eckhoff/140432543

He used to work for Black and Decker, Delta, Thermadyne, Porter Cable and De Vilbiss to name a few.
According to that link he also lived and worked in Taiwan at some point.
This could be an early product that they brought to the market only to give up on.

For $100 if you have the space and if it runs fine, I'd take it, then I'd still save for a better more modern saw. Once you get the better saw, you could put a power feeder on it and use it only for ripping, or how about a Dado set that runs only on that saw? Dunno what the Arbor size will be, if it is some oddball size that could very well make it almost worthless. What is the motor like? If it is a decent motor maybe the motor alone is worth the $100, sell the rest for scrap iron prices?

You guys where right that thing is wayyyyyy to much work for me to tackle right now I just looked at it and it wasn't even worth taking pictures of. Maybe if I was just starting out yeah but it still too much work but it did have a 5/8 arbor though

~Ninja~