Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Down in the dumps today .....

Down in the dumps today .....

Man this year i have been really good with winter, but after the great tiny warm up we had this past weekend and seeing some of the white stuff dissipate i began to get the spring feeling especially after we turned the clocks back Sunday.

Then the bad news came, and through tonight we gonna get another dumping of that white stuff.

Now i am getting the winter blues and cabin fever, its been a long haul this year.

Good news is I heard the geese back while BBqing last night.

Man when will it end, i have now had enough just like Allen. It knocks the wind out ones sails.

I even wore out my snow shovel this year and that's with a snowblower.

How do the folks in Whitehorse or Churchill or Winnipeg cope with their version of winter?

Counting the days now....
    cheers

Rob sorry to hear that, it's 58.3 F here.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Well Rob, it's 69º here right now and they are saying we will get an inch of snow tomorrow night Go Figure. Like you, I have had enough!
    I'm supposed to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now.

Hey guys look on the bright side.. Snow melts while grass you have to cut!
    Last edited by Garry Foster; 03-11-2014 at 08:34 PM.

If I keep telling my self that maybe I will find the bright side myself.........!

Clamp this to your kitchen table and practice your plane work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I'll try to get some of this 74* weather to come up your way, but always welcome to come down here too.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    I'll try to get some of this 74* weather to come up your way, but always welcome to come down here too.

Hmmm, From http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...rrow-1.2567838
    "An area of low pressure from Kansas [emphasis added] will track south of the lower Great Lakes on Wednesday and is expected to bring between 5 and 15 centimetres of snow."

So, Darren, you can just STOP trying to get your weather to come up here, if you don't mind!!
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Hmmm, From http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...rrow-1.2567838
    "An area of low pressure from Kansas [emphasis added] will track south of the lower Great Lakes on Wednesday and is expected to bring between 5 and 15 centimetres of snow."

So, Darren, you can just STOP trying to get your weather to come up here, if you don't mind!!
    Well, I'm actually in Missouri, contrary to what most folks think, most of Kansas City is in Missouri, not Kansas.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I like winter.

I get slowed down a little bit - and I NEED that.

I like the dark nights - I use very dim lights and I mellow out. Helps me rest.

I am happy that I don't have to maintain the outside stuff - mow grass- clean garden - rake - sweep, - nice to take a break.

I feel good about doing a little inside work - I don't feel like I wish we were outside.

I LOVE the woodstove - burning wood.

I don't mind the snow. The snowblower takes care of it. Most times snow cleanup is just an hour or two. I don't shovel anything - or very little.

I LOVE seeing a new snowfall with the snow in the trees.

I love to hear the snow falling - that is sooo cool. Didn't do that this year - rats!!

No bugs outside - sweet.

I feel bad hearing how the winter depresses so many people. I do very well understand depression - someone very close to me has a severe issue with depression and it affects the lives of everyone around that person. I have had to learn to live with it. I don't have it - though like everyone - I have bouts.

I do get tired of winter and I LOVE seeing spring coming.

Spring time to me is more depressing. I get just so busy with so many things that I need to do, that I get depressed because I am toooo busy. I cannot rest in the spring. I can have the shop doors open and get the fresh air.

Summer is OK - but neither Diane nor I like HOT weather. Of we go on drives around Newport Rhode Island and Cape Cod. We love sitting in Sandwich and watching boats go in and out of Cape Cod Canal. We love the summer activities. Too hot to really "DO" much of anything. Too much humidity - I close the shop doors and turn on the a/c.

FALL - in New England is OUR favorite time of year. Still a very busy time - cleaning the leaves - racking - getting ready for winter - very busy - no rest. I can have the shop doors open and enjoy the fresh air.

But winter - it's just restful - that's all - restful. Not a LOT NEEDS to be done - just chill out and relax - that is why I like winter. Soon now - it is coming to a close - no more woodstove, firewood, and the busy seasons are approaching.

And the woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,