Down in the dumps today .....

Rob Keeble

Man this year i have been really good with winter, but after the great tiny warm up we had this past weekend and seeing some of the white stuff dissipate i began to get the spring feeling especially after we turned the clocks back Sunday.

Then the bad news came, and through tonight we gonna get another dumping of that white stuff.

Now i am getting the winter blues and cabin fever, its been a long haul this year.

Good news is I heard the geese back while BBqing last night.

Man when will it end, i have now had enough just like Allen. It knocks the wind out ones sails.

I even wore out my snow shovel this year and that's with a snowblower.

How do the folks in Whitehorse or Churchill or Winnipeg cope with their version of winter?

Counting the days now....

I'll try to get some of this 74* weather to come up your way, but always welcome to come down here too.

Hmmm, From http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/more-snow-ahead-for-southern-ontario-tomorrow-1.2567838
"An area of low pressure from Kansas [emphasis added] will track south of the lower Great Lakes on Wednesday and is expected to bring between 5 and 15 centimetres of snow."

So, Darren, you can just STOP trying to get your weather to come up here, if you don't mind!!
chattering.gif

Hmmm, From http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/more-snow-ahead-for-southern-ontario-tomorrow-1.2567838
"An area of low pressure from Kansas [emphasis added] will track south of the lower Great Lakes on Wednesday and is expected to bring between 5 and 15 centimetres of snow."

So, Darren, you can just STOP trying to get your weather to come up here, if you don't mind!!
chattering.gif

:rofl: Well, I'm actually in Missouri, contrary to what most folks think, most of Kansas City is in Missouri, not Kansas. ;)

I like winter.

I get slowed down a little bit - and I NEED that.

I like the dark nights - I use very dim lights and I mellow out. Helps me rest.

I am happy that I don't have to maintain the outside stuff - mow grass- clean garden - rake - sweep, - nice to take a break.

I feel good about doing a little inside work - I don't feel like I wish we were outside.

I LOVE the woodstove - burning wood.

I don't mind the snow. The snowblower takes care of it. Most times snow cleanup is just an hour or two. I don't shovel anything - or very little.

I LOVE seeing a new snowfall with the snow in the trees.

I love to hear the snow falling - that is sooo cool. Didn't do that this year - rats!!

No bugs outside - sweet.

I feel bad hearing how the winter depresses so many people. I do very well understand depression - someone very close to me has a severe issue with depression and it affects the lives of everyone around that person. I have had to learn to live with it. I don't have it - though like everyone - I have bouts.

I do get tired of winter and I LOVE seeing spring coming.

Spring time to me is more depressing. I get just so busy with so many things that I need to do, that I get depressed because I am toooo busy. I cannot rest in the spring. I can have the shop doors open and get the fresh air.

Summer is OK - but neither Diane nor I like HOT weather. Of we go on drives around Newport Rhode Island and Cape Cod. We love sitting in Sandwich and watching boats go in and out of Cape Cod Canal. We love the summer activities. Too hot to really "DO" much of anything. Too much humidity - I close the shop doors and turn on the a/c.

FALL - in New England is OUR favorite time of year. Still a very busy time - cleaning the leaves - racking - getting ready for winter - very busy - no rest. I can have the shop doors open and enjoy the fresh air.

But winter - it's just restful - that's all - restful. Not a LOT NEEDS to be done - just chill out and relax - that is why I like winter. Soon now - it is coming to a close - no more woodstove, firewood, and the busy seasons are approaching.

And the woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep,

59° here right now (6:30pm, Tuesday). 4~6" of snow predicted for tomorrow. 4° tomorrow night, and 14°F to be the high on Thursday, then back up to the 40s for the weekend. Weird weather pattern, for sure!

Well build a wall or something on the border... you're between us and Kansas! :rofl:

If you think that's confusing; all of these states have a city named Hollywood except California (where it is a district).
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia :huh:

And they say put the plow back on the truck for at last one more run tomorrow. But I bet it won't be the last time for the season.:thumb:

yeah, the snow has been really bothering me, Ive been pulling my hair out being stuck inside all day long during the cold and snowy days.
today it was 67 F outside, and I was out there. Nothing like template routing and cracking the wall I was shaping. so today I pulled my hair out outside in the shop instead of inside.

If you think that's confusing; all of these states have a city named Hollywood except California (where it is a district).
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia :huh:

I can't speak for the other states, but I can assure you that Hollywood NM is not a city. :D Village, perhaps. Burg, maybe. It's small. Very small. I'm pretty sure it says "Welcome to Hollywood" on BOTH sides of the sign. :rofl:

50F and just right. We just got home after our normal hour walk though one of the local trails.

Capture0.jpg

This is what my lunch walk looks like. Our office is right on the water. But I agree with the sentiments expressed by Leo.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm mostly with Leo on this too. I prefer cold to hot and humid. But, I sympathize with Rob a bit too and sometimes just get a little bit tired of dealing with it. Scraping off an ice-covered car before daylight is the most tiresome thing in the world.
As for snow, getting that out of the way is a lot more recreational since I brought my old Farmall home:D

Take heart Rob, spring'll come quick, especially in southern Ont.