The Aparto Ver. 3.0

Very nice, Stu. :clap:

I find it interesting that the water supply to the washing machine is a single hose, and that the hot/cold mix is handled manually at the valves instead of internally by the washer itself.

Yes it's the bathtub room

I'm DONE!! :thumb:

kitchen_faucet.jpg

The kitchen faucet is installed, the kitchen panels are all caulked too!

trim_painted.jpg

The door and window casings are also all painted, I'm not a great painter, but this was OK.

The tenant came just as I was finishing up, she is so very HAPPY with her new kitchen, but we are so very happy to have such a good tenant, she has been there two years and we have never had one problem with her, so guess what, that kind of good behaviour gets rewarded.

106 hours into the whole job. Those are on site working hours.
Yahoo!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Looking Good my freind.

So many people have no idea how much labor goes into something like this, but they sure do appreciate the final result.

It is a great improvement over the original.

You really pulled it together Stu. I have to admit I wasn't optimistic about your timeline when it was all wide open just 9 days ago.
Great job! Take half an hour off before you start the next project, you deserve it :D

Beautiful job Stu !!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Bob!

Breathe easy Stu, Mission Accomplished! :thumb: Now send your MIL the "total" bill. :rofl:
Just figuring that out, the totals will be about two thirds of the price that another carpenter would have charged. I know that she will not be happy with that, just her way, she is not happy with anything, but I'm happy with it and so is my wife.

Great job Stu! Looks great, can see why she is happy.
Yes the tenant is thrilled, like I've said, she has been a good tenant for the last two years, so we are happy to do this for her, good tenants are worth keeping.

Kudos on another job well done, Stu. :clap:
Thank you!

Looking Good my friend.

So many people have no idea how much labor goes into something like this, but they sure do appreciate the final result.

It is a great improvement over the original.
Yes, that is why it is so important to show the work in progress, it is a lot of work to do it right, but I think it's worth it.

You really pulled it together Stu. I have to admit I wasn't optimistic about your timeline when it was all wide open just 9 days ago.
Great job! Take half an hour off before you start the next project, you deserve it :D

Yep, it always looks the worst when it is all wide open, and the rebuilding has not started, but once it starts going back together it happens fairly quickly.

Peter you predicted that on the Wednesday there would be quite the difference seen, and you were only off by a day I think on Thursday there was quite the sea change.
Thanks again for your help!

Cheers!