For All My Friends East of Here

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Got%20Some%20Snow.jpg

Vaughn, our snow is melting, albeit slowly. Still have about 8 inches, but there are bare spots now.

Not sure if you're waiting for a strong wind or a fire to take care of the tumbleweeds. :eek: Strong wind would be preferable I guess. Besides, you can make tumbleweed men out of those. :rofl:

yeah we had mid 40's wednsday, then yesterday we woke up to 6" more inches of wet snow and -10 degrees which warmes up to 28 last night.. strange weather and we got at least 20 to 24" on the level after the thaw we had.

This winter reminds me of the typical U.P. winter in the mid-late 70's. Only thing is I don't remember them having the "warm up" then back down to - degree temps as often as this one.

:rofl:

I'm just glad we got a good hard freeze this year, mosquitoes and other bugs were bad last year, hopefully that reduced the crop for this year.
I read an article that said some of the pernicious pests of forest trees had had a serious hurt put on them by the cold, but it wasn't bad enough to stop the threats. Emerald ash borer, and hemlock wolly adelgid were two of the pests mentioned. Unfortunately the stink bugs are surviving the cold. I'm hoping for a few less bugs in the garden this year.