It's Friday! - 3/14/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno about anyone else, but this week has been a bear after that time change. I think I was still trying to go to bed at the same time as I normally do, but my body just wasn't tired (until morning and I hadn't slept well).

Tonight I'm hoping to get another coat of mud on the sun room walls and the door casing/jambs painted for that area. Tomorrow we're going to spend the day at the local Snake Saturday parade. Sunday I'll have some sanding and more mudding to do. Hoping to get some shop time in to get things picked up. The shop is a mess after this winter, only spent enough time in it to mess it up, never pick it up.

What's everyone else got going?

Unpacking still. Shop is coming along to the point I may work on a bowl today. 2 pens yesterday. Learning our way around town and studying for advanced medical certification.

Real estate issues today in preparation for closing escrow next week. Turner's meeting tomorrow. Church on Sunday. In between working on the book.

Brewing up a couple of batches of beer. Some light summer ale and a clone of the Troegs Triple Mango IPA.

Also have some gardening to do and need to bring the irrigation systems online.

Going to try my first attempt at SketchUp on a simple project - a wooden "container" to hold/separate my TS blades & attach the container to the right sight of the TS under the wing for easy storage & access..... that is after I complete a Honey-Do list that never seems to shorten.
Yard cleanup of the snow that fell yesterday.
Grilling Sunday's dinner.

got a cousins wedding tonight, but my brother and sister are in from florida, so tomorrow night we all go out to dinner, and sunday, we all have brunch before they leave. Good to see them.

Playing another gig tonight at a local sports bar & grill. Should be a good crowd, because right after we're done the UNM Lobos are taking on Boise State in the Mountain West Conference basketball semifinals. Just a warm-up before going to the big dance, hopefully. :thumb:

Schedules permitting, I'll get together with my dad for a while on Saturday and look online at some knife scales so he can choose what type of wood he wants on the new Damascus hunting knife blank he bought last week. Once the scales are picked out, I can get started on putting it all together for him.

Other than that, no firm plans, although my weekends have a tendency of filling up whether I try to fill them or not. :)

I lost my oldest sister Tuesday.

Me and my two remaining sisters are tasked with emptying her apartment out.

It is a grueling task - I don't wish this upon anyone. The home remodel in put on hold for a week or two.

Aw man, very sorry to see that news, Leo. As the youngest of three kids, I'm not looking forward to the prospect of having to do something similar someday.

I'll be delivering my latest commission Saturday and then start working on catching up on all things I couldn't get done the past 4 days due to being sick.

My condolences too Leo. Tough period ahead - fare well! Lost one of my youngest & favorite brother at an early age of 55 just a few years ago.

My condolences, Leo.

I'm kinda late this time around, but here goes:

Friday, I worked mostly on the large door to my shop. The former owner built swing-out doors 9' wide by 6'9" high but must have used untreated lumber for part of the them. Also, he did a poor job of choosing hinges. Anyway, the doors need to be replaced so I'm having a single overhead garage door put in its place. Some re-framing is required so I took care of most of that.

Saturday: So far mainly some yard work. Moving plants back to the outdoors, trusting that we are past our last serious freeze of the season. Right now, watching the NASCAR Nationwide race while resting up from trimming and mowing the lawn. Nope, no snow-blowing down here!!! Got ribeye steaks thawed and marinating, lobster tails thawing, corn on the cob prepped - all for dinner tonight. Yum!!!

Sunday: A day of rest - we live in hope!

Next weekend, we'll be in Tampa for The woodworking Show.

I spent my Friday night playing with toys...

Guitar%20Rack%20at%20Sneakerz%20600.jpg

Sorry for the loss of your sister Leo.

Today we had my mother in law, sister in law and most of my kids and grandkids over for dinner. Total chaos but toms of fun.

Sunday after church I'm delivering the vanity to my grand daughter Abby. She saw it today when she came over for dinner and was speechless. I got paid with many hugs and kisses :D Life is good.