Happy St. Patrick's Day

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
In celebration of some cleric who may or may not have also been a snake charmer centuries ago, let's drink cheap green beer and wear silly hats. Who's with me? :rofl:

In celebration of the day, here's a video from a few years back made by a couple of my band mates, back when they were still just an acoustic duo:

http://youtu.be/HsyjfJn0kb4

Well - I wore a greenish shirt today

I sorta thought about Irish

Made a couple of Irish comments.

Tonight I made Corned beef and cabbage - Have not had that in - uh - maybe since I was a kid? I don't remember ever making it before - uhh - but then again there is a LOT of stuff I don't remember.

Didn't eat it tonight - but a did a fair bit of sampling. It is goooooodddd!!

Interesting sound hole on the right hand guitar. At first I thought there wasn't one, but on closer look it seems to be made to look like an extension of the finger board. Hadn't seen that before.

Interesting sound hole on the right hand guitar. At first I thought there wasn't one, but on closer look it seems to be made to look like an extension of the finger board. Hadn't seen that before.

Yeah, that's the Washburn AB-10 acoustic/electric bass:

98-274-thickbox.jpg

Jeff loves it. It's been years since he has used one of his electric basses. The other one in the background of the video is a Takamine, I believe, but he doesn't play it as much. It's quite a bit fatter...he calls it "The Cow". He's a relatively small guy, so the thinner Washburn suits him better.

And the guitar Mike is playing is a Rainsong graphite/carbon fiber 6-string. It's a great-playing guitar. Very stable with temp and humidity changes. But these days, Mike is playing his wood Takamine 90% of the time because the tone is just more pleasing and not as bright.