F/S Avenger 6" Dado Set-New!

Russ Cass

Brand new!
Bought this a few years ago and never used it.
(got in on the Amazon/Freud 8" deal a while back, so no need for this one)
$35.00 plus shipping (pickup available in Chicago area)

Attachments

• DSC_0015_1.jpg
    DSC_0015_1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0016_1.jpg
    DSC_0016_1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 11
Darren,

I can check the shipping costs for you first.

Would you have you have to pay any duties ot taxes?

Drop me a PM with your shipping info and I'll see how cheap I can send it :thumb:

Russ

I don't know what the policy is on this, but I'd like to relate my experience with the Avenger 6" dado. Rockler had them on sale for a low price - I think it was about $30 - so I bought the set. When I went to use it, I found two problems:

1. It was very difficult to make up a certain thickness cut. The cutters may have a certain thickness carbide but the blade itself is not that thickness. All the blades appeared to be the same thickness. So when I'd go to make up a dado, I couldn't just take the two outside blades and add the proper inside cutters. I'd have to add shims between the blades until I got the proper cut. And they did not give any information about what shims to use to make up a cut. It really took a long time to set up.

2. On the set I bought, one of the cutters was higher than the others. So if I used that cutter in a stack, I got a groove inside the dado.

I eventually returned the set to Rockler.

I'm not saying that this set has these problems but I want to alert buyers to problems I had with the Avenger set.

Mike

Mike,
Sorry your's didn't work out for you :(

I've never even had this set on my TS, but I did measure out all of the teeth and blades.
All seems to be within spec.

I know that a few guys on another site had some problems with some dado sets because the arbor on their tablesaw was almost fully threaded
and one or two of the blades near the nut were falling into the threads causing a grove in the dado.
This doesn't happen if all of the blades sit on the solid portion of the arbor.
A couple of guys even filled some of the end threads with epoxy and this solved the problem.

If anyone has trouble with this blade set, they can return it for a full refund! :thumb:

Sorry for the delayed reply. I travel for work quite a bit and don't always log on :dunno:

Mike,
Sorry your's didn't work out for you :(

I've never even had this set on my TS, but I did measure out all of the teeth and blades.
All seems to be within spec.

I know that a few guys on another site had some problems with some dado sets because the arbor on their tablesaw was almost fully threaded
and one or two of the blades near the nut were falling into the threads causing a grove in the dado.
This doesn't happen if all of the blades sit on the solid portion of the arbor.
A couple of guys even filled some of the end threads with epoxy and this solved the problem.
QUOTE]

JFYI......This problem you mention, is inherent apparently to ALL "Craftsman" arbors, (at least the older ones), and possibly could be on other saws, but don't remember anyone mentioning it in those related posts.