Finally Finished

Hubert Carle

Two mumble mumbles ago my wife comes to me and asked for medicine cabinets. With working etc it has been a long haul. That etc. includes getting it 90 % done and realizing a mistake and STARTING OVER:eek:.

They had to look EXACTLY!!! like a picture she had found in a magazine EXCEPT . . . . . The magazine was two doors - nope one door but look like two, Magazine was two drawers on the bottom - nope one drawer but look like two. This is alder with stain and poly. Oh yes the stain was a little blotchy even though I had sealed with shellac. I wasn't happy but wife loved it - looked rustic. Whew! And they had to be mirror images of each other.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums...attachmentid=81788&d=1395273497&thumb=1&stc=1

Attachments

• DSC00686.jpg
    DSC00686.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00688.jpg
    DSC00688.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00689.jpg
    DSC00689.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00690.jpg
    DSC00690.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 42
Nice setup I like it.

Love the his/hers setup

I wonder though about the cabinet contents.

Hers - makup - sure I get it

His - makup? - do you wear makeup also? Maybe I should not ask.

If that were in MY house they would hers & hers cabinets

Looks great. Nice work, nice mirrored installation.

My own medicine cabinet has fixed shelves like yours, but I have trouble finding where to put my can of shaving cream. In the future I will look for an adjustable shelf.

Well, now that you've set a "glorious" precedent, I can see where your wife will be subscribing to numerous magazines to keep your bucket list from going dry. :rofl:

Really nice work, much to be proud of. Tastefully done! :thumb: