Thank you all, I'm here/ Warning, pictures added to first post

Typing with modified success right now. But feeling a little better each day (except for today). Today I pulled off the bandages from last Wed's surgery. Had three pumps, one below the left knee, one above the left knee and one on my right bicep. What an ordeal, drove through that dang gone blizzard to get back to the hospital. Let me tell you, NASCAR pit crews have nothing on those pre op nurses at Indy Methodist Hospital!!!! As soon as I was coherent, I felt my hand feeling better, I can actually feel my own pulse with my hand laying on a pillow!!!
Due to stitches at my right wrist, it is hard to type efficiently. Plus I wear out easier for some reason! If no one objects, I have some pictures, won't post more than a couple to fully explain what has happened to me the past few days.
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. They were used and appreciated. Thanks for the phone calls. Family, this site is truly all about that. :thumb::thumb:

Well this is my left leg that donated 21" of vein. 3 different incisions, don't know why, but will ask at the next doctor visit.
Left leg.jpg

Here folks is the culprit, my right arm. You can't see Oct'wscar in the elbow, but you can see it in the armpit. This surgery they connected the vein from my leg from the bicep down to the wrist. Funny I had a scar right there from running my hand through a window when I was around 4 years old. Notice no complete cut from wrist to bicep, they somehow made a hole connecting the two points and slid the vein in and stitched it together.
Right arm close up.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear from you, take the time now to finish this job, it's like the guy who spends 100 hours building the beautiful piece of furniture, then rushes the finish and screws the whole thing up :D

Take the time, heal proper like then get back at it with both fists!:thumb:

Trust me folks. There is no hurrying this healing along. I have an excellent doctor and he is a no nonsense guy that I relate to very well. It is just amazing how a few cuts in the body will zap so much energy from a person. I am in awe of his ability to fix my problem arm. CJ went to an indoor yard sale with his mom (my oldest daughter) and bought a book on wooden toy making for a quarter. He told his mom, Bop (that's me) can make these for me. So he and I are looking through it and making some decisions which ones both of us will make this summer together. He is excited as I am also.

CJ went to an indoor yard sale with his mom (my oldest daughter) and bought a book on wooden toy making for a quarter. He told his mom, Bop (that's me) can make these for me. So he and I are looking through it and making some decisions which ones both of us will make this summer together. He is excited as I am also.

That right there is the best medicine a person could get.