Thank you all, I'm here/ Warning, pictures added to first post

Wow them some scars Jonathan. Glad to see u back and healthy. as others have said take time to heal. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

One thing I have learned, no use going through the procedure if you aren't going to follow orders to heal fully and properly.

Glad everything went well and the you are headed to a full recovery that I wish it'll come sooner than you expect. As per the scars, well... one can't make an omelette without breaking the eggs, so regard them as a necessary thing to healing. Take care and do not push yourself too hard or too soon.

Toni, that is quite the quote!! I will have to remember that one! CJ is on spring break and here helping Lou do chores. He is becoming quite the little farmer.

Quite an ordeal you've gone through. Hope all heals well & quickly. You must be anxious to get back to a normal lifestyle. Get well soon!

NORMAL?????? What is that Al??:huh::rofl: Have a dr's appointment in early April, expecting by first week of May to be starting back to work and working back into hauling some manure with my team. No corn planting this year as by the time I get this manure hauled and pastures drug, it will be haymaking time.

I am glad you are doing better and things are looking up. Those are some serious scars.

Yep, and I don't wear shorts so no one will get to see them!! Good doctors and family and friends helping makes less work.

Happy to see this Jon! :thumb: Great to have shop time with family in the future!

You said it, just nice to have a future with this right arm, after 52 years have become quite attached to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

heal quick bud seeyu in a week or so:)

You enjoy your time. I have a heart doctor appt. today, 4-1 another appt. so call when it is closer and we'll make sure we are here! Hey, don't forget to stop and see Jay!!!!!!!!!!

Gee, these doctors are good! I had five incisions in my leg for my quadruple bypass, because some of the vein wasn't usable. Eventually, they got enough. It is really something how they can sneak parts into you without leaving an obvious trail, eh? Glad you're back, take time to heal.

Gee, these doctors are good! I had five incisions in my leg for my quadruple bypass, because some of the vein wasn't usable. Eventually, they got enough. It is really something how they can sneak parts into you without leaving an obvious trail, eh? Glad you're back, take time to heal.

Roger, I spent the day before with two nurses scoping both legs and doing the vein mapping. Gladly the first decision paid off!! Above I talked big about soon hauling manure and such. Well, had a heart doctor appt. today 7 miles away. Kicked my butt getting ready, getting there and getting home. Just now getting woke up and moving around as I hit the bed as soon as we got home.

as long as you can keep you aim straight with the 686, and hit your target, whats a few scars. you can tell everyone you wrestled a grizzly into submission.

Right now, I would be afraid to touch it off with 38's in it! Unless needed of course. Lou and I had a black bear years and years ago. She bit me twice, once through the bicep muscle of this arm and through the thumb nail of this hand!

...Right now, I would be afraid to touch it off with 38's in it! Unless needed of course. Lou and I had a black bear years and years ago. She bit me twice, once through the bicep muscle of this arm and through the thumb nail of this hand!

Threadjack warning...

My nephew JJ works the gun counter at a local fishing/hunting shop. A bit over a year ago, a customer came in wanting to buy a .357 Magnum revolver. He mentioned that he was going on a fishing trip to Alaska and wanted a handgun to carry for protection from the brown bears. JJ suggested that he might want to go with a bigger caliber, perhaps .44 Magnum or even a .454 Casull. The customer insisted that he knew how to handle a gun, and a well-placed shot from a .357 was all he'd need against a grizzly bear. Since the customer is always right, JJ sold him a nice S&W .357.

A few months later the customer returned, and told JJ he wanted to buy a .454 Casull. JJ asked him what had happened to the .357 Mag he'd bought earlier. The customer said "Well, after I emptied the cylinder, I threw it at the bear and never had a chance to go back and get it." The customer then turned around and dropped the waist of his pants enough to show JJ the scar on his butt from the bear's claws. He left the store that day with a brand-new S&W .454 Casull. :D

Threadjack warning...

My nephew JJ works the gun counter at a local fishing/hunting shop. A bit over a year ago, a customer came in wanting to buy a .357 Magnum revolver. He mentioned that he was going on a fishing trip to Alaska and wanted a handgun to carry for protection from the brown bears. JJ suggested that he might want to go with a bigger caliber, perhaps .44 Magnum or even a .454 Casull. The customer insisted that he knew how to handle a gun, and a well-placed shot from a .357 was all he'd need against a grizzly bear. Since the customer is always right, JJ sold him a nice S&W .357.

A few months later the customer returned, and told JJ he wanted to buy a .454 Casull. JJ asked him what had happened to the .357 Mag he'd bought earlier. The customer said "Well, after I emptied the cylinder, I threw it at the bear and never had a chance to go back and get it." The customer then turned around and dropped the waist of his pants enough to show JJ the scar on his butt from the bear's claws. He left the store that day with a brand-new S&W .454 Casull. :D

:threadjacked:

Dad grew up "just down the street" (i.e. within a days ride by horse :D) from where this happened and I still have family right around there. This happened about two years before they moved out of that area.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1338&dat=19680513&id=fGtYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9vcDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5594,3433783

There is another account of it here: http://books.google.com/books?id=wDWF2HrzZvoC&pg=PA218&lpg=PA218#v=onepage&q&f=false

I met louann, she didn't seem like a biter.(she was a petit sweetheart, you must have really been a bad boy)

To quote Lou, "you and your cronies!!!!!" as she laughed until she cried! It was understood, just been up and down all day and it has been terrible outside and Lou was in and out, just now showed this to her and got her response! Good one Allen!