Need another round of prayers from the family.

Chuck Ellis

Not sure how to start this.... back in December Dianne went into the hospital with a septic blood infection and severe pains in her lower back.... after 3 months in the hospital and a nursing facility, the doctors proclaimed her blood infection clear...and released her to come home.... but she was still having the lower back pains.... we finally found a doctor that would take a look at her and made an appointment for the 18th of this month.... on the 17th she woke up as normal, struggled out of bed and into the bathroom, then into her wheel chair and into the living room for breakfast... in the middle of breakfast she suddenly couldn't form words and her speech sound like gibberish... I suspected a stroke and immediately called 911 and off to the hospital again... Yesterday the doctors confirmed that she had in fact had a stroke... actually several minor strokes.... and they also confirmed that the septic infection is back, this time maybe settling in her heart. Her Mitral valve was leaking and had what doctors called "vegetation" on it from the original infection and was leaking some... they are now talking about a valve replacement as soon as they can control the infection....

As of tonight her speech has improved to the point you can understand most of what she says, but she still has trouble forming some words... fortunately, she hasn't lost her motor skills, the arms, legs, fingers and toes all work... but she's also having trouble with light sensitivity....

Please add her to your prayers.
Thank you.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement... she's a lot better today, but still slurring a few words now and then.... it's looking like she will have to have open heart surgery in the very near future.... the doctor today said the Mitral and maybe the Aortic valve too. They'll have to wait until they know for sure the infection is curtailed.... if they do the surgery with her still infected, it's a sure thing that the new valves will also become infected....

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement... she's a lot better today, but still slurring a few words now and then.... it's looking like she will have to have open heart surgery in the very near future.... the doctor today said the Mitral and maybe the Aortic valve too. They'll have to wait until they know for sure the infection is curtailed.... if they do the surgery with her still infected, it's a sure thing that the new valves will also become infected....

You, my good man, will need to be strong all through out this process.

I know someone who went through similar circumstances over ten years ago. A lady, and today she is much better.

Her husband was as much of a ROCK as he could be throughout the whole process,

and she still today sings praises about how HIS strength made her feel so much more comfortable throught it all.

So with that go my prayers for YOU and YOURS to the Man Upstairs!