It's Friday! - 3/21/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
It's supposed to be in the high 40's/low 50's this weekend, so I'm planning to work on sanding and painting the sun room. Have to also sand and caulk the trim before painting it. I'm hoping to get a little shop time in also.

What's everyone else got going?

I have a "little" more repair work to me done on the ceiling.

I really SHOULD post up some pictures

The memorial service for my sister is Saturday -

I am hoping to get a wall sanded and ready to be painted.

After all that --- MAYBE - I can work on my ceiling beam covers.

Finishing up a box to hold 10" TS blades.

Will be hosting a "Guys Night Out Pool (billiards) PartY" tonight with some neighborhood buddies. Usually do this 2-3 times during the winter months. Lots of harassment, heckling, and humor.

Not playing any shows this weekend (already did that Wednesday night), but there are several local bands I'll be visiting Friday and Saturday. This has been a busy week in regards to live music here. I've been out every night this week except Monday to either play or watch music somewhere in town.

Tonight I'll be going to see my favorite local female singer, Marianna. I'm good friends with her and her husband. She sings in one of my best friend's rock bands, but tonight I'm going to see her sing country music (her real love) with another band. And as a bonus, she's promised to help me with my Two-Step and West Coast Swing dance steps on the songs where she's not singing.
dance.gif

Saturday I hope to get together with my dad and have him pick out some knife scales to go on a Damascus knife blank he bought recently. (Closest thing I've got to woodworking these days.) I also plan to do some more work on programming the new guitar amp/effects modeling pedal I got a few weeks ago.

Sunday I'll be attending and helping at a shooting club meeting and range day. This is a tactical/defensive shooting club run by an old friend of mine. We have a lot of clean, safe fun.
2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Sung to the tune of 'Toyland' from 'Babes in Toyland':
Shop time, shop time, uninterrupted shop time :headbang:.

Last edited:
Hopefully closing escrow today. Spend some time writing. Put my new BBQ together and break it in. Have to get a propane tank filled. Church and visiting some folks. Life is good!

Friday: Spent the afternoon at The Woodworking Show in Tampa - it opened at noon. Picked up a few goodies that I'll talk about in a different thread with photos. Also ran into a few old friends which made it even better!

Saturday: Will be back at the show at 10am to sit through a few seminars and shop around a bit more.

Sunday: Back at the show for a couple of hours or so. Hope to meet back up with some folks before heading back home.

A bit of a side note here: We drove down to Tampa Thursday afternoon mainly so we'd be more rested for our stay here. After checking into the hotel, we decided to drive on down to Bradenton where we used to live. We headed out to Beach House to have some dinner. It's on Coquina Beach and has the absolute best seafood of all types. After stuffing on calamari, crab cakes, shrimp and veggies, we drove through our old neighborhood in Lakewood Ranch before heading back to Tampa and our hotel. Yep, we were ready for some shut-eye by then!!!

Going out for Chinese food and a Zombie or Mai Tai tonight. Big decisions :rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll finish up on my first ever bandsaw box tomorrow for the sister of the grand daughter I made the vanity for then start on a little kids rocking chair for another grand daughter on Saturday.

Sunday church then Sunday dinner with a few of the kids. Watch some TV and take a nap.

Garden time this weekend. Got some sets for Broccoli, three kinds of lettuce and kale plus some cilantro and flat leaf parsley. Maybe some design work on the detached garage.

Gardening, irrigation rework.

Tons of projects.

Also picked up a bottle of 100% argon today :D. May give welding aluminum a try.

managed to get outdoors today for first time all week.
didn't overdo it, back will just not give up its strangle hold on me.
I put air in my tires, filled the cars up with gas, that was about it, expect to be off my feet at least until next tues or weds.
I need to be in good shape to drive the 5 hour drive up to the woodworking show next weekend.

Garden time this weekend. Got some sets for Broccoli, three kinds of lettuce and kale plus some cilantro and flat leaf parsley. Maybe some design work on the detached garage.

I really looking forward to planting something/anything but I still have almost 3 feet of snow in my yard :( So much for spring so far. Another storm due Wednesday.