church door

Frank Fusco

Many of you remember Tod, who had to take a hiatus from FW for personal reasons, is building a door for my church.
I am so impressed with the workmanship going into this project I'm nearly overwhelmed. I have always realized my personal wood working skills were limited. But until seeing what he is putting into this project I never understood just how limited.
What he is building is/will be truly a door for the ages.
The picture below was taken by Tod with his cell phone. Better pics later as work progresses. The circle will have a stained glass inset into it.
The entire door is made with mahogany. It is finished with a high end two-part epoxy used for yachts and will be over finished with another high end boat varnish.
Our congregation is small but we have already agreed, if we ever move to another facility the door comes with us.

church door.jpg

Door installed. :bliss: Our church ladies who paid for this project will be delighted the new door is installed and is ready for our Easter services. :) I followed Tod's construction and am majorly impressed with his techniques, craft skills and attention to doing it right. I learned much from observing the stages of construction but sill fall far short of his knowledge base. Anyhow, yesterday the door went up. Here are a couple pics of the event.
new door.jpgTod and door.jpg