Almost spring, and the money was burning a hole in my pocket...

Roger Tulk

I headed out to Canadian Tire yesterday, to buy a thermometer for the car and one for the porch.While I was walking about, I picked up a can of evapo-rust, and happened by a pile of boxes containing an air tool set; a rotary tool with attachments, a disk sander, and a gravity-feed paint sprayer. The normal price on these is $260, but they were on sale for $60. I grabbed one. I could also have bought a multi-tool on sale for $19.99, regularly $79.99, but I'm not sure I'd have much use for it. Then I went and got my thermometers, which cost about $8.

Later the same day, I was in HD, and looking for a cover for my barbecue, as the winter has left my old one in shreds. As the cover was $36, and I had a $50 gift card from Christmas, I went specifically looking for something to do with the rest of the gift card, and found a Ryobi detail sander for $19.99. I could see myself using that often enough to make it worthwhile, so I picked it up, and with taxes i had only to dip into my wallet for $10.

Canadian Tire (Mastercraft) products are generally what you would call "entry level" but for the amount of stress I put on them, I've had very good results, so these should last me a while.

The snow is melting, the birds are singing, and my blood is beginning to race at the thought that in two or three weeks I may actually be able to make something in my driveway. Spring is sprunging!

I've got a case of spring fever too. I've been wearing shorts for the last couple weeks and no matter how cold it gets, I refuse to wear pants again until next fall!

I've got a case of spring fever too. I've been wearing shorts for the last couple weeks and no matter how cold it gets, I refuse to wear pants again until next fall!

Hey i been doing that all winter :rofl:......but only inside lol.

Keep the economy going Roger. Great buys. Hey did you get Canadian tire money for the gift card value, i always wondered about that or does the person buying the gift card get the CT money.