I never say much much about the wife

So this morning I am going to brag on Shelly. Her and another Sp. Ed. teacher , both have over 61 years combined , My wife has the 31 :) anyway they wrote a paper on Mentoring New Sp. Ed. teachers. They submitted it to the National Teachers Assoc. and now she is in Vagus with her friend give a lecture at the National Teacher Conference. It's all paid for and she asked me if I wanted to go ? I said no all I would do is rent a bike and go off riding every day.

So I love my wife and so proud of her. She is not flying under the radar anymore !

Way to go, girl!

And thanks, Dave. So many guys are 'whatever' when it comes to their spouses. Proud of you for being proud of Shelly.

Way to go Shelly!!!!!!!! How could she lose? She lives with an example that she has to direct daily!;):rolleyes::thumb: Good for you for letting us know! It takes special people to be good/great special ed teachers. My paper load has increased but no where near the special ed department's load. Again, way to go Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
it takes a certain kind of person to be a special ed teacher.
congrats to your wife, Im sure it was well earned. its nice that shes recognized. in my opinion, too much negative stuff is always brought up with teachers, high salaries, high pensions, people have no clue how hard these teachers really work.

it takes a certain kind of person to be a special ed teacher.
congrats to your wife, Im sure it was well earned. its nice that shes recognized. in my opinion, too much negative stuff is always brought up with teachers, high salaries, high pensions, people have no clue how hard these teachers really work.

So true Allen!

Dave congrats to your wife! :thumb:

She works hard ! Often 90 hr weeks. She was up all night couple nights ago to leave in the early morning hrs just because of her work load at home to get done, prep for her sub. Drives me crazy the hrs she puts in.

She works hard ! Often 90 hr weeks. She was up all night couple nights ago to leave in the early morning hrs just because of her work load at home to get done, prep for her sub. Drives me crazy the hrs she puts in.

yep, I know about this since my daughter is a special ed teacher, has her own classroom, not an inclusion teacher, and she plans for each kid and spends ridiculous hours planning.

My wife is a middle school social studies and english teacher. She leaves the house at 6am and gets home around 5 or 5:30. She spends half her class time dealing with behavior issues and parent issues. Most nights she is up to 10pm doing preparation and paperwork. She also spends a few thousand bucks a year on continuing education and classroom supplies.

Many schools around the country are cutting benefits to teachers. No pension and cutting way back on health coverage. I can understand why not too many kids want to be teachers today.

So I know the dedication to the job your wife has.